• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring door speakers and dash

WDGS

So here's my issue - I have a the fiberglass speaker pod door inserts. I have a couple of coax alpines in them - the sound is good, at least as good as can be expected in an uninsulated metal box. At this time Im not really planning on installing any rears or what not.

Anyway - I also replaced my dash speaker with an inexpensive $20 OEM replacement speaker from AutoZone but I never wired it in.

Any advice on what I should do with the dash speaker? Run it in series with on of the door speakers? Wire it as a rear? Dont use it because its likely to sound like crap?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

mtxride

Loc.
San Antonio
If you're definitely not going to run rear speakers, wire the center speaker to the rear channel. That way you can independently adjust the level with the fader, and if it does sound like crap, you can turn it off by setting the fader all the way to the front.