• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring reverse light switch and NSS on C4

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
I have searched high and low on this transmission for the plug for the two. Did some auto trans come w/o NSS and if so where is the back up light connection?
Thanks!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 2 (1).jpg
    photo 2 (1).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 3 (1).jpg
    photo 3 (1).jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 4 (1).jpg
    photo 4 (1).jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 26

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You need a NSS to have the back up light switch yours dont have one. So you need to get one and install it on the shoft linkage in your second pic

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
k great Im not loosing my mind. Thanks

PS what does this connector go to?

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).jpg
    photo 1 (1).jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 33
  • photo 2 (2).jpg
    photo 2 (2).jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 25

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Thats the brake warning switch connector it goes on the H block or proportioning valve depending on what year of bronco you have. basically 76-77 have a prop valve all others a H block

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I believe that's the brake light warning pigtail,(my guess) goes on the H-block or proportioning valve, located on the frame, below the brake master.
The NSS looks like this. It goes over the shift rod and bolts to the trans. like broncnaz said.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 19