• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wristed radius arm instructions

madness

Anyone have a link to directions for wristing a radius arm. This is the route I think I want to go for more flex?

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
I am actually picking up one of these from somebody next week. I was going to go with longer arms, but the mount for my NP435 is in the way, so I figured I would try this. I was on the trails this past weekend and the added articulation will be welcome!

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
I am actually picking up one of these from somebody next week. I was going to go with longer arms, but the mount for my NP435 is in the way, so I figured I would try this. I was on the trails this past weekend and the added articulation will be welcome!

A guy I wheel with from Wisconsin has one on his rig. Works well.

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Most people who have / had them seem pretty happy with them. I am not sure why more don't try it before paying $800 for longer arms. I guess the chance at bending the arm on the other side or spinning the axle tube??? I may try to reinforce the other arm....is there anything that can be done to help prevent spinning the axle tube?

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
BC Broncos used to sell a nice wristed arm set-up, but now only sell the wristed axle housing. Anyone know why they stopped selling the wristed arms?

I also found reference to "Twister" wristed arm that a Coby used to make, but I guess he has gotten out of Broncos and no longer makes them.

The pic at the bottom is the BCB arm I think.

Another place I found them is here -- http://offroad.xwerx.net/products.html -- but I emailed and got no response. Anyone know if they are still in business?

Attachments

• twisterarm01.gif
    twisterarm01.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
M

madness

Thanks for the links, I was planning on building one, but that one is awful tempting for the price, we will see if they respond to my email. Doesn't look like too much work to make one if it doesnt work out.

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Thanks for the links, I was planning on building one, but that one is awful tempting for the price, we will see if they respond to my email. Doesn't look like too much work to make one if it doesnt work out.

Let us know if you get a response.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
I've read that putting the pin back in for the drive home can be a bitch.
when the pin is installed it should ride the same on the streets

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Wasn't a problem on mine.

Steve -- How long did you have a wristed arm? Did you reinforce the stock arm? Did you have any problem with the axle housing "spinning" and did you do anything to prevent it?

Anyone that has had or currently has a wristed arm please answer these questions to help out those that are considering installing one.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Steve -- How long did you have a wristed arm? Did you reinforce the stock arm? Did you have any problem with the axle housing "spinning" and did you do anything to prevent it?

Had it for about 5 years, with lots of very hard wheeling. Never had a problem with the driver's side arm, which wasn't reinforced. Never had any kind of problem with the axle housing spinning. It worked great.

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Had it for about 5 years, with lots of very hard wheeling. Never had a problem with the driver's side arm, which wasn't reinforced. Never had any kind of problem with the axle housing spinning. It worked great.

Thanks for the input -- anyone else with first hand experience with a wristed arm???

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Had mine for at least 5 years. The driver's side arm is not reinforced and is tweaked a little. It is slightly difficult to get the pin back in but I usually just have to drive one tire or the other onto something to get the holes to line up. I didn't bother to unpin it on my last trip on Fordyce creek in CA and didn't have a problem. I'm thinking of making some extended arms out of some stock arms.