• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WTB 170 Seven Main Crank

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocklord

I am in need of a 170 cid seven main crank.
If you have one, please PM or email me.

Thank you,
Dan

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
uh..the 170s are all 4-bearing cranks. The nearly identical 200 has 7 though...

OP
OP
R

rocklord

Almost had one (seven main 170 crank) but it slipped away.

Found someone who had 170 Bronco engines and said they had seven main bearings. Bought the crank and took it to a machine shop to have it checked out. When the throw was checked, it came out to be 3.126" instead of 2.940". Argh! A 200 crank.

Talked to the guy who sold me the crank and he said that the block had three freeze plugs on the side and seven mains. The only thing we could figure out is that the 170 needed a new crank and the 200 crank was the easiest to locate. When he dropped the oil pans on the other 170s, they had four mains. D**n!

So, I'm still looking for a 170 seven main crank. You guys that have 170s laying around, drop the oil pan and check the number of mains. You may have what I'm looking for.

I'm willing to pay $200 plus shipping.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
crank

Hey I have three 66 170 motors. I'll check tomorrow for you.

Thanks Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.