• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL WTB Autolite 1100

Gsav69

Contributor
City: Boyton Beach
Hey folks. Looking for an autolite 1100, preferably in south florida if anyone has one immediately available. Thanks in advance.

Ovalis

Contributor
Loc.
Los Angeles
Make sure the one you get has the throttle linkage in the correct position. The ball stud on the throttle plate shaft needs to be at the 12:00 position when you're looking at it straight on. Most of them are at 3:00 and the throttle cable won't reach it.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Make sure the one you get has the throttle linkage in the correct position. The ball stud on the throttle plate shaft needs to be at the 12:00 position when you're looking at it straight on. Most of them are at 3:00 and the throttle cable won't reach it.
Working on that same issue right now as a matter of fact lol. Going to do some fabricating I guess.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
And at this point I'm just going to remove the throttle linkage from my original and put it on the new carb. Dremel grinder and a tack weld looks like.

OP
OP
G

Gsav69

Contributor
And at this point I'm just going to remove the throttle linkage from my original and put it on the new carb. Dremel grinder and a tack weld looks like.
What got me in this mess was that my truck was running perfect except my idle would hang up so id have to flick the throttle and get it down and despite being told the carb was just rebuilt, it had leaks and gumminess everywhere. During the rebuild I found the shaft linkage had play and spun a tad before opening the plate. Basically the lever had play before the shaft would spin. I didn't want to hammer the end bushing and wasn't comfortable brazing it myself. I only have a mig plus I'm a novice welder at best. I rebuilt it and set the linkage where I thought it SHOULD be and I put a thin film of jb weld on it. Worked like a charm...except I did it before putting it back on the truck and now I believe the throttle plate is closed so far that it won't idle. There not being an idle stop set screw makes this tricky. I'm going to mess with the throttle cable and see if I can get it to work and do a deep vacuum leak assessment. Of course after the fact I read reports of others drilling and tapping the end shaft which will likely be on the table if I can grind off this jb weld and can't find a reasonably priced carb or shaft.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
What got me in this mess was that my truck was running perfect except my idle would hang up so id have to flick the throttle and get it down and despite being told the carb was just rebuilt, it had leaks and gumminess everywhere. During the rebuild I found the shaft linkage had play and spun a tad before opening the plate. Basically the lever had play before the shaft would spin. I didn't want to hammer the end bushing and wasn't comfortable brazing it myself. I only have a mig plus I'm a novice welder at best. I rebuilt it and set the linkage where I thought it SHOULD be and I put a thin film of jb weld on it. Worked like a charm...except I did it before putting it back on the truck and now I believe the throttle plate is closed so far that it won't idle. There not being an idle stop set screw makes this tricky. I'm going to mess with the throttle cable and see if I can get it to work and do a deep vacuum leak assessment. Of course after the fact I read reports of others drilling and tapping the end shaft which will likely be on the table if I can grind off this jb weld and can't find a reasonably priced carb or shaft.
Sounds like a plan, I'll be digging into mine this afternoon and see what transpires I guess. I've rebuilt this original 2x over the years, it's a leaker for sure now and no signs of stopping it lol.

bronconut1

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have this one. Will need rebuilt or used for parts $30 plus shipping. Mike at 309 369 3117

Attachments

• 20240831_120936.jpg
    20240831_120936.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240831_120940.jpg
    20240831_120940.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 4

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Hey I was able to just pull the linkage/accelerator stem from the original carb and put it in the new one. Works like a champ and everything lines up now as it should.

20240831_194429.jpg