• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WTB: EFI harness(FMS or RJM) for 351, 89-93 Mustang Computer & MAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattt

Bronco Guru
I'm throwing this out there, I know it's a long shot to find someone selling this. I've got a 94 Lightning 351W that I'd like to get in the Bronco. I talked to FRPP, and they suggested their $600 harness for running a SBF. They said to use this harness and a Mustang computer and MAF. Anyone have any of these items for sale? Thinking this might be easier than making it run the stock Speed Density system of the Lightning.

Also looking for the Ford Wiring Book that a few people have mentioned. I dont know where to get one.

Last edited:

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
You got it. the 94 block should be drilled in the valley pan for the spyder that holds the roller lifter keepers in place. All this stuff you can get from a roller block 302. Only aftermarket stuff you will need is a roller cam of your choice, and correct push rod lengths. You also will need to make sure you get roller springs in your heads. I found out the hard way. Find yourself a 5.0 efi computer and harness and you should be set. Ohh don't forget the dizzy. and make sure it has the hardened gear on it for a roller cam. If it came from a hydralic lifted motor it probably has a softer gear. You don't want to trash your motor because of the softer gear wore out on the harder metal of the roller cam.

BTW I have 2 harnesses computers and meters. Unfortunately they are both spoken for. Just thought you may want a little inside info on this conversion.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Don't get a 351W harness if you run the Mustang ECM. None of the stock 351W harnesses were set up for the SEFI with Mass Air. There was one or two years that had the Mass Air but I believe they were banked injection instead of sequential. At any rate you will need a harness that matches up to the ECM. I.E. Using the info. here and on http://fordfuelinjection.com plus the Probst Ford EFI book you can use any 89-93 Mustang harness, ecm, and MA Unit. May need to swap in 19 lb. injectors as well but I'm not sure. (I think the lightning had 24 lb. and I'm not sure if they can be used with the Mustang ECM and MA meter)

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
You got it. the 94 block should be drilled in the valley pan for the spyder that holds the roller lifter keepers in place. All this stuff you can get from a roller block 302. Only aftermarket stuff you will need is a roller cam of your choice, and correct push rod lengths. You also will need to make sure you get roller springs in your heads. I found out the hard way. Find yourself a 5.0 efi computer and harness and you should be set. Ohh don't forget the dizzy. and make sure it has the hardened gear on it for a roller cam. If it came from a hydralic lifted motor it probably has a softer gear. You don't want to trash your motor because of the softer gear wore out on the harder metal of the roller cam.

BTW I have 2 harnesses computers and meters. Unfortunately they are both spoken for. Just thought you may want a little inside info on this conversion.

Sounds like the first part of your reply is dealing with converting the block to roller???

I'm looking for a FRPP or aftermarket MA conversion harness, computer and MA meter. FRPP used to sell it, but no longer :(

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I've got a an ECM that came out of an 89 CA MAF 5.0 GT Mustang 5 speed(8LD) for $75. Let me know if you are interested.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
I'd take one of Ryan's harnesses, or the Ford Motorsports -A50 harness....or something else comparable and in good shape.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
bumping it back to the top. I'm hoping to find something soon. If not, pony up the funds for new!

Status
Not open for further replies.