• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WTD: Complete AOD or 4R70W trans ready to drop in a 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattt

Bronco Guru
I am looking for a complete ready to drop in AOD or 4R70W trans with all necessary components(cross member, adapter, Baumann(if 4R70W), w/ or w/o Transfer case. It would be good if it's fresh and has the lower 1st gears in it. I missed this type of setup a while back, so I'm still on the hunt. I will be changing engines soon, and it would be great to do the trans at the same time. I currently have a good driving C4 in the Bronco.....possible partial trade. Or, have funds, will travel.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you must have great funds for that swap (ready to go). Hell I paid 1500 for the AOD (rebuilt with all the upgrades/new tc) and the adapter was still 500. Are you not happy witht he C-4? Is it a mileage issue? If you have to have the AOD do the aod/205 tc from a newer bronco. MUCH cheaper. BI

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
I've seen two of these setup sell recently for the $1000-1500 range. Granted they were a used trans, but it still would've been worth it. That is what I'm hoping for. I got in on the prior two late in the game so someone else scooped them up.

It's the mileage and reduced RPM's I'm after vs. keeping my C4.

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I do not recommend a used trans (especially the TV cable AOD) for your setup. You are going through alot of trouble. The AOD was a great idea with many downfalls. All the upgrades are available to make it almost perfect and are worth the time/effort. BI

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Check the for sale section, a guy has an AOD mounted to D20- states is been rebuilt for 1100.00. That's real cheap. All you need to do is buy the mount at Tom's bronco parts and your set. Good Luck BI

z-one311

Loc.
Payson, Utah
5.8/E40d/205 set up complete

The engine i was told has less than 10,000 miles when they blew out there transfer case. The trans is a 4 speed plus overdrive bolted to a 205. The engine is fuel injected out of a f 350. It is a great set up. I have all of the wiring harness computers everything. I was going to use it but now i am going with a ZF 5 speed and 5.0 injected bored out .30. I would let the complete set up go for 2000.00! I live in utah about 12 hrs from you in utah at 84651.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the offer, but I already have an engine, and the E4OD is much too big to put in an EB.

Still looking for what's in the title....

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
I know we talked about the 2wd unit but
I have a pal that is heading to cali very soon
he might be able to deliver

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
I know we talked about the 2wd unit but
I have a pal that is heading to cali very soon
he might be able to deliver

Please refresh my memory.....I don't remember what you have.

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
approx 1983 AOD
flex plate to tail shaft
2wd
Looks to be reubilt in 99 ( 99 wrote on the t/c the t/c is chevy orange)
has new front pump seal
The trans fluid came out cherry red
I have not yet pulled the Pan off to look at the filter and bands
came from a running car (so said the scrapper I got it from)

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The pre-89 AOD's had lots of issues unless it is built by a pro (broncobowsher, broncohowie would be the gents to ask). Look into this carefully. BI

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I've got a 97' 2wd 4R70W with 7400 miles on it. Came out of a rolled V6 mustang that was new about 10 years ago... I bought if from a guy in Anaheim.

The V6 version can easily be upgraded to V8 standards, it just needs an extra clutch disk in 2 places, and since it needs to be dis-assembled anyway to add the adapter it's an easy upgrade.

If your not in a hurry I could get it shuttled to the Disneyland parking lot for you.

PM me if interested.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Bronco Guru
I hear ya....it's like the early 700r4's...bad news. I am looking for a newer one, or one that was upgraded/updated when it was built and had the Advance Adapter installed. Missed out on an upgraded AOD a while back that had the better 4R70W gears in it, and came with the AA adapter and mod'd crossmember for $1000. Will another one turn up......

smoktf250

I have a fully built brand new aod with crossmember and converter have recipets of over 2500 into will be sellig it shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.