• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

WTT my '87 GMC R10 for nice Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlped

I am looking to trade my clean '87 GMC R10 SWB Sierra Classic for a nice 1st gen Bronco.

My GMC
Fuel Injected 350 w/ 89K original miles.
Freshly rebuilt 700r4
New front Lower Ball Joints & Idler Arm w/ a fresh alignment
New (all new bearings, seals, diff & brakes) '96 GM 8.5 30 spline (versus the '87 model 28 spline) rearend with 3.42 gears and an EATON positraction differential
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Power Windows (New window motors recently installed...one this past weekend)
Power Locks
Cold A/C...with new (less than a week old) Compressor (NEW not reman'ed), Dryer & Orifice tube and retro fitted to R134. Nice and Cold
The body has no rust or dents (some dings and chips, but that's it), and it appears to be the original paint...black.
It has black interior with all of the trim, seat, and carpet all in very good shape...the dash pad is cracked though and really should be replaced to make it look like new inside.

Other than the dash pad the only other issue that I can think of is that it needs the fuel pump replaced on the passenger side fuel tank...the tank selector works, but the fuel pump in that tank isn't powering up. I can't think of any other pertinent issues.

I want a nice Bronco! If I had to put some money with it, as long as it is a nice Bronco...fine, but I know what my truck is worth. I would like the Bronco to have a good Body (cut is actually a good thing...I'm not a purist), Minimal to no rust, and a decent running gear. I have future plans that include an FI 302 motor, so the actual motor condition isn't as important.

I have many pictures, but cannot post pictures on here yet, so please feel free to email me or leave me your email address and I will forward them to you.

Thanks,

Ed

Here is a link to a pic... http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/20257/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/25019

Last edited:
OP
OP
nlped

nlped

Hey 22213evl, wasn't thinking you were dissing the GMC. I was just razzing yah back.

Thanks...

OP
OP
nlped

nlped

I also have a 1999 Sea Doo GTX RFI that has 12 hours on the new motor and charging system...SOLD

Last edited:
OP
OP
nlped

nlped

Still looking for "my" Bronco.

Just an update on the '87 GMC.
I have replaced the entire dash pad, not just a flimsy cover, but an entire pad.
I also replaced the entire door rubber...including vent windows, window scrapers (I/O), window seals and door seals on both sides...what a PITA, but the vent window whistle is gone.
I replaced the door pins so now the doors hang properly (driver's door rattled a bit on bumps)
And, I have just installed a class III/IV receiver hitch.

ANY interest in a very well maintained Square Body GMC? It's the last year of the square body, and the first year w/ fuel injection.

OP
OP
nlped

nlped

Just for interests sake I also have a very straight 1986 Mustang GT convertible with many upgrades that I could trade too. It has a rebuilt '96 Explorer Motor w/ a TFS stage 1 cam kit and mildly ported GT40p heads. It is also converted to MAF so there are no issues with the camshaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.