• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

yakima roof rack question

KD

Loc.
Monroe, NY
I found a yakima roof rack with "1A" towers and 58 inch bars. In looking at other posts, it seems the 1A towers work well with the bronco roof. Can someone please confirm this for me. Also, the rack has 58" bars. The bronco roof is 58" wide from gutter to gutter, but I think the towers lean in a little when installed. Can anyone confirm if the 58" bars will work? Thanks

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
58" with the 1As is what I run. You wouldn't want to go any shorter. They work well. I just posted a pic in another thread. Check it out.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Yakima Rack's here...

217050_1640821826513_1415845630_31277905_4334793_n.jpg

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
I much prefer to have a decent amount sticking out on each side of the roof rack - it gives you much more flexibility on how you mount the accessories on top. The bars I got for the wife's car stick a good 5-6" out on either side allowing me to place the outboard kayak saddles outside of the towers allowing for more room between the boats (we've got 3 kayaks.)

RG801

Loc.
Oklahoma City
I like 'em wide too. Mine are wide enough to fit a 36" wide canoe and a Yakima cargo box side by side. Watch out if you mount them on a car though...when it's bar vs skull, the bar generally wins.