• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

York AC compressor help.

Orion

Loc.
Nor-Cal
I picked up a York AC compressor to convert into an on board air setup the other day. It is the older one with steel/iron case and not the aluminum type of the later make.

My question is can any / all of you send me some photos of an installed setup in an EB with a 351 and power steering. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel on this project if I don’t need to. It appears that the space I have will be tight. I have the alternator mid engine on the passenger side and the power steering pump on the driver side. I know it can be done I just don’t want to reinvent the project.

Thanks!
Orion

OP
OP
Orion

Orion

Loc.
Nor-Cal
Just figured out the compressor is a Tecumseh. Does anyone know about this type and if it will work well for an air setup?

Orion

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY THE YORKS WERE ALUMN.AND THE Tecumseh
was cast iron back in the old day 60's the old guy thought that the cast iron
ones lasted better ..they would both work at the same jobs...

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
I will be doing this conversion eventually. I have the alum one in the garage. Look at the Kilby website or OnBoardAir.com. Lots of good info and mounts there.
TOFIC