• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

York compressor - at the yard help

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
At the junk yard looking for a 4x4x2 ps box. What can i pull a large displacment york out of for an onboard air system? Anyone have a list? Would be a huge help! Thx!

Bundy

Bronco Guru
I am no help Kirk, I just bought a nice looking ARB unit off Amazon- came with everything and kicks ass... but wasn't as cheap as a junkyard option obviously.

starkypdx

Loc.
Secret lab in Oregon
Take a look under the hood of an older Volvo station wagon. Driver side bottom. They are mounted vertical. Metric tools, Knife etc. Not easy to pull so plan on being there a little while.
On a side note: Having worked with these pumps on countless installs I'd say Don't get wrapped up with the 207/209/210 model technicals. They will ALL put out incredible amounts of air. If you need any info or photo's of installs let me know.

fungus

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kaneohe Bay, Oahu
Take a look under the hood of an older Volvo station wagon. Driver side bottom. They are mounted vertical. Metric tools, Knife etc. Not easy to pull so plan on being there a little while.
On a side note: Having worked with these pumps on countless installs I'd say Don't get wrapped up with the 207/209/210 model technicals. They will ALL put out incredible amounts of air. If you need any info or photo's of installs let me know.

X2! 80s & 90s Volvos.

OP
OP
GrillMaster

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Ahh got the email too late. Will have to go back. 80s n 90s volvos got it! Didnt find my 76-79 power steering box either :(