• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

York help

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
:-[ I just did the on board air and the York is pumping a lot of fluid. I heard there was a write up some where to fix this, does anyone know where the write up may be? The write up was about how to take it apart and add or remove something inside to stop the oil leakeage..

Thanks for any help..

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
I'm not positive, but I think that you have the pump tilted to the wrong side. You need to follow the directions they give you on www.onboardair.com You have to make sure the suction (S) port is located in a higher or equal height than the discharge (D) port. Its either that, or your piston inside of the compressor is shot. Good Luck!
-Eric

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
It sounds as though your compressor is shot, you are losing the oil from the compressor past the piston. I have had mine on for over three years now, and I haven`t had any problems. If you have to replace the compressor, look for the early cast iron ones, they seem to last longer, at least they do for me. I went thru two aluminum ones before I found the cast one.

roksmurf

Loc.
Russellville Ark.
if as ericlar80 said, you are tilted wrong, there are yorks with the suction and discharge on opposite from other yorks, look at a heep wagoneer mid 80's vintage for example

OP
OP
blackjack

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
suction port

Yeah I have the suction port on the bottom. Well I need to reverse the york and maybe do some adjusting. Ok thanks guys.. I will see if that stops the oil leakage if not I will look for another one in the junk yard.

Waylon

OP
OP
blackjack

blackjack

Loc.
San Diego
Bronco brains

broncobrains said:
Black Jack, I don't have any answers but I do have a question. What mounting brackets did you use?

My engine had the cast smog pump bracket. At least someone told me this weekend that's what it was. The alternator mounts to it as well. But there is a mounting spot for a smog pump on top. When I pulled the york out of the junk yard it had an existing bracket attached to it I just cut it up so it fit on the smog pump spot. I have a 67 but no smog stuff of course.. I am going to have to flip my pump according to ON Board Air.com you need to have the suction on top. I have it the opposite right now. OOPS..