• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ZF Q: re- hydraulic hose from MC to slave cyl

barronj

Bronco Guru
How long does this cable need to be?

If you didn't order it from a vendor, did you have it made at the hydraulic house or did you get one off the shelf that worked perfectly, and what specs can you share addressing either of these solutions?

Assembling parts now, gonna wait until it's 110 degrees in July to do the install ...wife will be out of town for a few weeks, it's the only way it can happen :^/

Last edited:

dclack

You can get a new one from BC or Bronco Graveyard (this looks like an oem line); I used the oem line from the truck I got the tranny from; it's a little longer than you need, but it works just fine.

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Long before the BC hose was available I took the stock plastic one (like the one from Jeff's) and cut the ends off. I had a local hydraulic hose shop crimp the ends on a braided stainless brake hose. Some shops can do it and some can't, so I would check before I cut up a new line.

I'm not sure there's a clean DIY option. I would just buy the BC hose and save yourself the headache.

OP
OP
barronj

barronj

Bronco Guru
I had the hoses for my hydroboost made, guess I will have this one made.