• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost

777mechanic

Loc.
centennial colorado
i've been reading about the chevy hydroboost and was wondering 1 what years can i use from the astro van . also has anyone used a ford mustang and if so how much modding do you have to do. reason i'm asking it seems like ebay has tons of mustang hydro for around 75.00 .

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I got one off of a '91 Astro van and used a different Chevy MC. I paid about $40 for the hydro unit. Had to do custom brake lines and use the angled brake bracket on the firewall but other than that it was real easy.

67broncorebuild

Loc.
stanwood Wa
I did the 98 cobra (mustang) hydroboost, verry easy once you start, and works exellent!!!
I just dont like to put anything cheby in my Ford, thats just me.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
i've been reading about the chevy hydroboost and was wondering 1 what years can i use from the astro van . also has anyone used a ford mustang and if so how much modding do you have to do. reason i'm asking it seems like ebay has tons of mustang hydro for around 75.00 .

Any hydroboost will work, just some are harder to install than others
Astro van is popular because of plentifull and cheap.
75.00 dollars??!! highway robbery!!! go down to your local UJerk yard and get one, I bet it will be less than half that and 3 bucks worth of soap and water at the car wash will make it look good. Also most yards give you the lines to hook it up.

TOFIC.
PS just tried on out of a caddy it they work really well!! look for units in the late 70's Caddys

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Anybody every change the seals on your "yard pull" 10 year old 100K mi on it hydroboost??

YEP several of them,, not rocket science to do, just buy the kit.
first one took me about 5 hours to do, next one was a lot faster.
Now I do them in about 2 hours.
TOFIC