• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EFI Scanner Question

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The only scanner I have access to right now is this elaborate snapon scanner that asks way too many questions that just are not relevant to this setup. The only thing that I know for certain is that my computer comes out of a 1991 Mustang GT. Other than that I know squat.

I keep getting distracted counting flashes on the check engine light. I believe they call it ADD or OCD or some kind of other abbreviation.

So, what scanner is easy to use?

Thanks!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Autozone, Oriellys, Discount... whatever is your flavor, get the OBD1 Ford Scanner. You choose how much you want to know by how much you spend. The cheap one comes with a book to reference the displayed codes, the expensive one will tell you what the code is. Be sure you get the one for Ford or at least with the ford adapter. Should be able to get it for 30 bucks or so.