• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kentrol doors

kimkutsch

Loc.
Albany, OR
I've been restoring Mustangs for years and after many years of wanting and looking, I now have my first Bronco. So now I'm in the middle of a frame-off rebuild on a 69. My Bronco is in pretty good condition, and I'm going to stick with a steel tub. I've been looking for some doors in excellent condition (rust, bondo-free)to use, without much luck. Thinking about maybe replacing my doorskins. It doesn't appear that anybody is reproducing the entire door, with the exception of Kentrol making steel reinforced fiberglass doors with windowframes. This seems like a reasonable option, I'm probably going to use a new fiberglass top and fiberglass hood, does anybody have any experience with these fiberglass doors? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

CMY77GO

Kentrol Doors

I bought their doors and would not recommend them over good stock doors. I actually have a really good set of steel doors but have a 90% fiberglass Bronco (all except windshield frame & hard top) so I figured I'd buy their doors. For $1200 ($600 each), I wouldn't do it again. Issues I've had with the doors is : overall fit, vent windows didn't fit without lots of grinding, need to drill several holes, window frames are week and already showing cracks & haven't even installed them yet, etc.

Just my $0.02

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
That is what I was thinking the window frames would be too weak, look at the frames on steel doors.
Now a fiberglass 1/2 door is strong because they have steel renforcement are light and don't have the frame.