• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Kentrol Tub Doors

Jp925

Loc.
Ventura, CA
Hey all,

Wondering if some of you can offer some insight into putting doors on the fiberglass Kentrol tub. I have inserts but really don't like them, I picked up a hard top and would love to try and have the option of having doors for the winter time. Does anyone know or is anyone currently running metal doors on the fiberglass?

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
Bronco Design… they make fiberglass parts . I’m using a set of Fiberglass doors. I’m not using them on a fiberglass tub. But the doors are an exact of a factory door. It would be your lightest option. I built mine with all the glass and hardware. So it functions like any other door. You may want to get to the back of the A puller and see what was put in there for mounting the hinges.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Found these glass doors for my project years ago, (have a Kentrol tub on one of mine) looks like going back to inserts though

door1.jpg

Attachments

• door2.jpg
    door2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 19
  • door3.jpg
    door3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 20
  • door4.jpg
    door4.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Jp925

Jp925

Loc.
Ventura, CA
Bronco Design… they make fiberglass parts . I’m using a set of Fiberglass doors. I’m not using them on a fiberglass tub. But the doors are an exact of a factory door. It would be your lightest option. I built mine with all the glass and hardware. So it functions like any other door. You may want to get to the back of the A puller and see what was put in there for mounting the hinges.
Any chance you have a photo for show and tell 😁

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
bought Wild Horses inserts, as my old Mallotte tub would need a lot of work to reuse my old glass one piece panels
00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6YnknyZZZkDAWwy93pXEJsY4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA.jpg

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Any chance you have a photo for show and tell 😁
I don’t have detailed pictures on building the doors. But if you get a set and take your time you can build them just like stock doors. I have seen guys that don’t finish with windows and just put door latches on them

Attachments

• IMG_3158.jpeg
    IMG_3158.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 27

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
I have the Duff lift off hinges. With them being lighter then stock doors makes it easier. I have my tube doors on now , my doors in storage so I can’t grab a picture now

OP
OP
Jp925

Jp925

Loc.
Ventura, CA
I don’t have detailed pictures on building the doors. But if you get a set and take your time you can build them just like stock doors. I have seen guys that don’t finish with windows and just put door latches on them
Holy crap!!! These look incredible! How did you do the striker and latch in the tub? Anything special?

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Tasker … I been watching your build! It’s going to be awesome!
JP … I have a steel tub (not a great one for sure )so my strikers were there . As far as the Bronco Design doors , they don’t cut any holes for anything. But they do an awesome job of making every little curve and dimple they can to give you reference marks. I had my original doors to measure and mark the new ones. They beef up the hinge and sticker areas. I had them on there a few yours now and so no signs of fatigue. If you look through my old post I may have some better pictures.
You are going to have to look behind A and B pillar and see if you can secure the hinges and striker I’m sure someone here has done what you want to do

OP
OP
Jp925

Jp925

Loc.
Ventura, CA
Tasker … I been watching your build! It’s going to be awesome!
JP … I have a steel tub (not a great one for sure )so my strikers were there . As far as the Bronco Design doors , they don’t cut any holes for anything. But they do an awesome job of making every little curve and dimple they can to give you reference marks. I had my original doors to measure and mark the new ones. They beef up the hinge and sticker areas. I had them on there a few yours now and so no signs of fatigue. If you look through my old post I may have some better pictures.
You are going to have to look behind A and B pillar and see if you can secure the hinges and striker I’m sure someone here has done what you want to do
Did you reinforce any parts with plates behind them or are you just using the glass mounting points with your hardware?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I know on my Kentrol there is a big piece of steel in the jamb with hinge holes already on it....will see if I can find a pic...not close but you can kind of see it in a few pics
00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6aO4qRH7Ob8-09Kmd2dsg90.jpg

Attachments

• 00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZdWspLQipLNvKayhtEgUAx.jpg
    00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZdWspLQipLNvKayhtEgUAx.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 6
  • 00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZplONMYdF2Ssb96VpPI2Ic.jpg
    00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZplONMYdF2Ssb96VpPI2Ic.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZQUH6juXcL4b9yrBn94qeQ.jpg
    00-NfmewEdBZpaPKHQAw15duo37JUqllZL3YGr4_whos6ZQUH6juXcL4b9yrBn94qeQ.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Did you reinforce any parts with plates behind them or are you just using the glass mounting points with your hardware
Every thing bolted as usual. However on the back side of the hinges I made a long plate and tied both hinges together.