• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got Crazy Horse and a Dead Horse!!!

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey guys thanks for the opinions and advice!! I sure had my head on backwards about the dash, DUH!! All I had to do was look at my other EBs. I'm still grinning and giggliging about the whole rig. I keep finding things good and bad and I'm not sure which. I did pull the plugs and Marveled the cyl. and tried to take off those alum. VC's, but do you know how far a V8 sits back in a 66"??? There's one bolt that I may need to cut the fire wall!!!!%) %)

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Mill, vin's 733103, which I think puts it early on. Got little eyebrows, bolt on window frames, straping material holding the gas tank on and of course the indoor/outdoor carpet!!;D

I got about $8 grand in it, but the PO threw in a new roof for my house, I'll have to get my calculator out.:cool: :cool:

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma

Nice.. 66's are cool.. I have an august of 65 early one, so if you have any questions or need to see some pics of stuff let me know.. I have some 66 stuff floating around too.. I even have a half top I think...

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey 2b1, thanks for the offer, I'm real un sure what to do with this animal!!!
How do you tell the Month/Year from the vin? I checked the Ohio Bronco
chart and it shows Aug 3 times, one starts with 7*****, the next with
9***** and the last one with A***** ???%) %) Mine starts with 7 so based on the forward mt. shocks (which I'm told is early 66) would that be Aug 65??
Thanks!!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Has the later model rear seat armrests too, which, although not original, are nicer in my opinion.
The intake manifold could have been a Hi-Po 289 piece perhaps? Not sure what the app, but I've seen aluminum manifolds for Fords before.
Who knows, maybe it's some ultra-rare '60's factory stealth race program product that is one of only 3 made for the Shelby or Holman/Moody companies race efforts and was on the very first race Cobra or the winning engine in some other chassis of the '66 season. Hmm, maybe that's even the engine still bolted underneath it?
Or maybe a dealer item?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well there ya go. Durn near a gurantee then.
You lucky cus you. Enjoy it whatever it turns out to be. I'm sure there will be more surpirses as you keep diggin'.

Paul

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
Great find Ben.If you want rare look for a 2bl FORD Al intake for a 302.I have had 2 so far on the same EB and currently have one on my driver with a Howell EFI unit sitting on it.Ford says they never made one even though it has all the casting #s on it.Go figure.

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Keith, I can see two good ole boys at the casting plant late one Friday
afternoon, laughing and making a few Alum 2bl intakes just to have some fun!!!!

Cleaned out the inside and inventoried the spare parts this morning!!! Man this thing just keeps getting better!!! These have to be proto type coilovers!!!, 4 extra radio/tape players, new bumper jack, a "custom" front 4" pipe bumper?? and the real prize was 9 (count them - 9) 8 track tapes!!! ;D ;D

Oh yeah someone ask about the "eyebrows"%) %)

Attachments

• DSCN1630.JPG
    DSCN1630.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN1629.JPG
    DSCN1629.JPG
    166.7 KB · Views: 23
  • FSCN1634.JPG
    FSCN1634.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN1637.JPG
    DSCN1637.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 11
  • FSCN1632.JPG
    FSCN1632.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN1648.JPG
    DSCN1648.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 34

Jonboy69

Hey NGA,
The good thing is that 2 of those those 8 tracks not only include country but also western. My two favorite types of music. The old Loretta Lynn 8track is a score too.

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Now Jonboy, was that an opening Bid???;D ;D The red one on the left is Charlie McCoy titled is "Fastest Harp In the West"!! I've heard of Charlie but I don't remember that being a really big hit!!! One is a self produced group called Razanadaz. never hear of them???

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma
If you go under my username, and go back to some of my earlier posts, you will see some pics that I posted when I brought mine home... Someone had added side markers to my 66 at some point so It kinda threw me off... I am still unsure about what to do with my 66.. Lots of rust to deal with, but lots of cool stuff like the forward shocks, the bumpers, and and other small stuff... I just checked again.. In Aug of 65 the numbers started at 732000.. Mine is 735192.. Pretty early..

Last edited:
OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey 2b1, if you're right about your's, then my 733103 would be right in the beginning???:eek: :eek: Or did the building start in Aug. 65' for the 66'??

2b1ask1

Loc.
oklahoma
You are correct.. From what I understand Aug 65 was when the first ones rolled out.. Yours is probably one of the earliest ones found on this site.. to answer your other question, I dont think that you can get the actual date from the vin, but I may be wrong on that.. Mine is really a big POS but its a bronco, so I had to get it... I have a 73 that I have been working on for a few years and it gets most of the attention.. Keep me up to date on what you decide to do with it...

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
COOL find Ben, keep us posted on this one!