• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got Crazy Horse and a Dead Horse!!!

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
No, no carb at work today..... I've been extra busy with work since I was out with sick kids and wife last week and yesterday. It was like ground-zero with the Pork Chop Flu at our house since last Wednesday. :p Luckily they only had a virus.

Now Mac, you didn't bring that carb to work!!!! Hey I do need the 170 and the windshield looks ok, naw can't drive it home!!!!:cool: :cool:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I'm not that far.....100 miles or so...

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey tasker, I'm going with dirtdonk's opinion on the intake!!!!:cool: :cool:

"Who knows, maybe it's some ultra-rare '60's factory stealth race program product that is one of only 3 made for the Shelby or Holman/Moody companies race efforts and was on the very first race Cobra or the winning engine in some other chassis of the '66 season. Hmm, maybe that's even the engine still bolted underneath it?
Or maybe a dealer item?"

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
NOT with the casting number you gave me, mid eighties Mustang

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
The intake looks to be a factory 82-85 Mustang GT intake. When you pull the spacer off you should see the egr running around the carb mount.
My 66 vin is 733111, both should be the beginning of production, the first 1000 built and take into account the vins were shared with all Ford trucks.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
That's the windshield hold-down clamp...When you fold the windshield down, you snap that sucker over the U-bolt that should be on the hood...

OP
OP
NGABronco

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey 76Ma, I got that "U" !!! and it had some kind of hood ornament, bet it was one of those naked, flowing, chrome women kinda things???? or maybe a Mack Bulldog???

Attachments

• FSCN1617.JPG
    FSCN1617.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN1624.JPG
    DSCN1624.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 11

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I almost said the better half, but I got rid of her a long time ago, that probably cost me about 4 "Crazy Horse's".

Let's don't and just say we did!!!!;D ;D

Been there done that...!! Sounds like a plan, LOL ;)

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Hey wlb, sounds like we got 2 of the "Real Early EB's"

We can start a "REEB" group???%) %)

I think Drews U13 is even earlier. There;s a post on here about who had the earliest, may want to dig it up.