• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Connection Meet/Greet Sat Oct 13th

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a '77 that is being restored. Nice color!

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Marty, I will be in Norfolk for thanksgiving, and would like to meet up with you again. I have some pics of the "turd" for you to see

Keith

Was wondering where you been? I texted you a couple times but no reply. Send me some pics! And more of your black Bronco too! I have more parts if you're looking? :D

I sold my '74 (the turd) to Keith awhile back. We met at the old Bronco Connection shop a few years back after that.

Attachments

• 74 drivers side (Small).JPG
    74 drivers side (Small).JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 74 inside.JPG
    74 inside.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They did the body only for this Bronco and was getting close to shipping it while we were there. It is a Chevy Camaro Synergy green color, and very bright as you can see! :cool:

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Another pic of the wife walking around the shop. Everyone loved the Gunmetal Gray Bronco behind her.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Caught the guys at break in this shot. The first trip through this part of the shop there were three technicians working to get this Butternut (I think) Bronco completed. Was hard not to notice all the good food (thank you again Connection family!) in the breakroom at least from my perspective!

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Time to hit the hay! Early day at work tomorrow then home to finish stripping the frame down for my restoration and NV3550 install. More pics to come!

gritz

I had a great time. It was nice you meet you guys. I would really like to do this again and maybe do a trail ride or something. I had no idea Bronco Connection is doing the amount of broncos that they are and the quality was first class. I was amazed. Wish I would of caught up with the guy from CO I must have left too soon. Thankyou to Dan and family for a great time and lunch.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Hi everyone,

My son and I had a great time meeting all of you and seeing all the quality work Dan is putting out at the Bronco Connection. Hope we can get together again sometime. If any of you get Lincoln let me know, the door is always open. I have a few picture to share as well. Just haven't had time to get them on the computer. My water pump started leaking on the way home Saturday. Made it home OK, but had to spend Sunday changing it out.%)

A special thanks to Dan, his family and his staff for the warm welcome and letting us walk through his shop facilities. And thanks for the great lunch as well.
Great folks for sure!

Fred

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Thanks for all the pics and info Marty. I've never had the opportunity to see that many Broncos in one place. Looks like a blast! I never did get to commit as I had an audio gig Friday night and my nephew was here from fall break at UNL this weekend.

On a side note I just noticed a faded red half-cab sitting at the post office when I was pulling out with the truck last week. Have to find out who that belongs to. That makes 3 that I know of in this town of 140. Must be something in the water here. ;D

Scott

FJB

Marty, Thanks for pulling this together. I had a great time meeting everyone. Dan's shop has really grown in the 5 years since I was last there.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the pics and info Marty. I've never had the opportunity to see that many Broncos in one place. Looks like a blast! I never did get to commit as I had an audio gig Friday night and my nephew was here from fall break at UNL this weekend.

On a side note I just noticed a faded red half-cab sitting at the post office when I was pulling out with the truck last week. Have to find out who that belongs to. That makes 3 that I know of in this town of 140. Must be something in the water here. ;D

Scott

I have a couple of SD guys that didn't make it so we may have to make another trip down there sometime. If you or anyone else would like to meet there sometime let me know. I am sure Dan wouldn't mind, and may even have some discounts if we make it a priority beforehand to place an order. Where in Nebraska are you?

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One top painted and covered up, and one tub finishing the prime stage. They usually have 2-3 of these tubs being restored at one time. There were two others in the process right next door to this.

And the second pic is a shot out the side shop door. Man what a veiw! I would love to see that evry day at work, wouldn't you? :cool:

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is a pic looking back the other way. If you look back at the other pic I posted, it shows the orange Bronco (about halfway down here) as the first one so you can see how many more there actually were in that line!

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This poor Bronco litterally "got bent". This is what sometimes happens when you take your Bronco to a less reputable body shop. They lifted it in the center and totally bent the truck in half. Needless to say they did it right the second time and brought it to the Bronco Connection to have it done the right way!

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 35
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last but certainly NOT least ... They must have been getting pretty comfortable about teasing me later in the day. They asked if I would like to ride in the nice new Bronco, then Fred (I assume!) or Dan, decided that because I am vertically challenged they would help me out with a step stool. Well, I guess it was pretty funny! :p

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 44

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Looks like it was a great time. I hated not being able to go, but I saved everyone from the flu lol!!!

John

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can't say it enough how fun and cool it was to meet everyone. Back in the Nebraska thread (which is where the Bronco Connection grew from), chadomatic mentioned that there was a place just south of Norfolk aways that has a wheeling park, with tubing and camping. Maybe that is one thing we could do sometime for a get together. It would have something for everyone so that the family wouldn't have to be there just for the Bronco event. Check it out and let me know what you think. I am going there now myself ...

www.brokenarrowwilderness.com

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Canoeing and kayaking, as well as cabins. Sounds like a pretty good get away!

Attachments

• Camp%20Flyer%202010%20front.jpg
    Camp%20Flyer%202010%20front.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like it was a great time. I hated not being able to go, but I saved everyone from the flu lol!!!

John

There were a few that didn't make the trip. Like I was saying, if there is anyone that would like to plan another trip down to the Connection maybe we can all put our shopping lists together and Dan will give us another discount? I bought a few things while I was there and took advantage of the discounts he offered for our group.

I hope you're feeling better John! See you again sometime soon!

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
I definitely need to check it out sometime. I've got a lot of upgrades I'm looking at currently. I'm about 20 miles south of Kearney and a little over 3 hrs. from Norfolk. I've been up there a few times in the past and it looks like I've been about a block from the "Connection" and didn't even know it.

Scott

I have a couple of SD guys that didn't make it so we may have to make another trip down there sometime. If you or anyone else would like to meet there sometime let me know. I am sure Dan wouldn't mind, and may even have some discounts if we make it a priority beforehand to place an order. Where in Nebraska are you?