• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fast N Loud

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a little odd to watch a build show and know the truck they are working on, the places they go and people that's on the show.

Eugene

ArmyCOL

Dang my 76 had more rust than that and wtf is up with removing all the leaf springs and only using the main spring. I could understand if they were doing a 3/4 elliptical setup. Damn spring will sag very quickly.

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dang my 76 had more rust than that and wtf is up with removing all the leaf springs and only using the main spring. I could understand if they were doing a 3/4 elliptical setup. Damn spring will sag very quickly.

It was just a test for axle motion.

Stingray240cs

Loc.
Corinth, Texas
Just finished watching the show! So that's what my bronco top came off of..too bad he called it ugly, haha

It was cool seeing Jim on the show. Now I see why they were pissed when I showed them the one I had just bought. Mine is rusty but man that was crazy rusty.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
I found it funnny that they thought 6500-7000 was high for that yellow one... yes i know thing can be hidden but for a good starting point you pay a little more.. any less and rust is your new friend.. i spent months tearing out rust and puting panels in... still not totally done .. but not a daily project either. Fun to watch...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I guess that you don't always get what you pay for. Even the guy that they bought the one for $5500. I think that he was ecstatic to take the $5500 from Richard. He knew what he was selling him.

Can't believe that they never even looked under the truck and just opened the hood. Those fender aprons shoulda been a huge red flag but nah! I'll offer ya $5500 for a 35+ year old bucket of rust. ;D

Colorado75Bronc

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Sad they cut it, the rust repair had me questioning some of it, and the whole cycling the suspension only would make sense if they'd left it a LUBER, some of the panels "they had to make by hand" are available, it looked like they just full length welded some parts instead of spot welds, and although I like the show, these guys almost never really seem to look these cars over that hard when they buy em' plus they payed way to much for that bucket, they definitely should've gone back to Jim's

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
On the positive side at least Gas Money is saving a Bronco from rusting to the ground. And who cares it's his money we get to watch him do all the hard stuff ;D! It's a Bronco and there is no easy way out! %)

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
That was a little disappointing but I guess I should have expected it. Reality TV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
BWHAAAAAA! ROTFLMAO!!!! BWHAAAAA OH SHIT I PISSED MYSELF! I'M LAUGHING SO HARD IM CRYING! :cry: BWHAAAAAAAA!

3 days to fix rust! BWHAAA

Some people actually try to remove the rust rather than spray over it with crappy bedliner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hx214

Loc.
Champion, Oh
Like a lot of you guys, I can't believe he passed on the Yellow Bronco to pick up the one he did.

I gotta believe he picked it up for the drama/tv factor. There is no way a guy that buys and sells cars for a living rolls out of one place saying $6500 bux is to much for what looked like a really solid truck saying we need to buy low to max profit, then offers $5500 for the one he picked up. Hell, he supposedly talked down the guy with the solid f-100 from 5k to 1500. I think I was even more surprised to see him fix the rust. I thought for sure when they pulled the body he would say, "F-this, we are going fiberglass I ain't paying two guys 3 days of wages to fix rust! I gotta get this thing to the auction in 3 days so I can lose some serious money!"

(I was also surprised to see one from Colorado look that chewed up. I thought they used sand and gravel out there.... Mine came from Colorado and all its body panels/rockers are nice and clean)