• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs Bronco Barn - a chronicle of what's happening at the new place

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
We can only hope so..... 😄

Mounting the tub is coming soon, and one thing I wanted to finish up with before that happens is clean up and installation of the neutral safety switch and kick down lever. Here they are not looking too hot....
IMG_3455.jpg

And what's under that wire cover??
IMG_3456.jpg IMG_3457.jpg

That's no good. Here we are after a little fixin, cleaning and painting.
IMG_3458.jpg IMG_3463.jpg IMG_3464.jpg

All installed and chassis ready to go slide under that tub.
IMG_3465.jpg IMG_3467.jpg IMG_3466.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
And now underneath...the ball is ready to drop. Hmm, should I wait until next new years eve??:unsure:

IMG_3468.jpg IMG_3469.jpg IMG_3470.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Moved it over to the body shop section 😁
IMG_3512.jpg

Decided that I would tie in the two inner seat belt mounting into that new crossmember underneath so I made up a couple of tabs and welded them to a longer plate that will span across to the two body mount bolts as well. This will help spread the load over the glass floor along with the benefit of the two extra bolts at the seat belt mounts.

IMG_3773.jpg IMG_3774.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
And, since the lift was free, I did this again....

IMG_3516.jpg IMG_3517.jpg

Even removed the headliner so I can store the top outside. Oh...it's not going back on again....... no, really, I mean it this time:LOL:

IMG_3527.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
love it!! cannot wait to have my baby back! (ribs)

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just a quick update on that seatbelt/body mount piece, installed it along with a little more shimming and repositioning of the body. The holes the previous owner drilled weren’t exactly right, but it’s better now and the four bolts going through that crossmember underneath really helped fix a good amount of the bow that had taken a set in the floor there.
Now the main tub is fully on and bolted up tight, hopefully for the last time, working on the front clip now.
IMG_3832.jpeg IMG_3833.jpeg IMG_3835.jpeg IMG_3836.jpeg