• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs Bronco Barn - a chronicle of what's happening at the new place

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looking good. I have the same body, never installed. What do you figure the body lift will end up being? I was contemplating doing the same thing with sub-structure to tie the cage and seats into. Maybe rockers too.
Thanks. Right now I'd say it's right around the 1" mark. I tried to reference many measurements from my Bronco with the 1" body lift as I was figuring things out. The biggest issue is the front floor section as it sits almost 1" lower than the rest of the floors and also as compared to a factory tub, so with the 1" body lift you end up needing basically a stock sized mount, maybe with a spacer or two, under each front floor pan.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Checked on it this morning and removed the bandages. a little more grinding and we can lay some fiberglass over the outside.

IMG_3037.jpg IMG_3038.jpg IMG_3039.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Moved the chassis out of the way for access under the tub to do some more fiberglass work and to clean and scrape the crud off the underside in preparation for prettying it up a bit. There's a good amount of old oil and grease under there slung up from past drivetrains... probably what kept it from rusting🤪:rolleyes:

IMG_3052.jpg IMG_3053.jpg IMG_3054.jpg IMG_3056.jpg IMG_3057.jpg IMG_3058.jpg IMG_3061.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Also enlarged the hacked out hole for the t-case twin sticks. Cutting fiberglass with a pneumatic body saw is much less dusty than a bid ole' spinning cut off wheel.😁

IMG_3062.jpg IMG_3063.jpg IMG_3064.jpg

wsager

Thanks. Right now I'd say it's right around the 1" mark. I tried to reference many measurements from my Bronco with the 1" body lift as I was figuring things out. The biggest issue is the front floor section as it sits almost 1" lower than the rest of the floors and also as compared to a factory tub, so with the 1" body lift you end up needing basically a stock sized mount, maybe with a spacer or two, under each front floor pan.
Thanks for the info. They definitely didn’t make things easy with that body.

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
More prep and fiberglass work. Getting ready to spray some Raptor Liner on the underside, making sure everything underneath is fixed and ready before applying it. Removed the rest of the random rusty brackets and bolts through the floor and started filling in the rear side marker cut outs and a couple repairs on the forward edges of the rear wheel well openings.

IMG_3127.jpg IMG_3129.jpg IMG_3130.jpg IMG_3248.jpg IMG_3253.jpg IMG_3250.jpg IMG_3251.jpg IMG_3252.jpg IMG_3281.jpg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
CANT WAIT!!! Makes my weekend so much better!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Looks fantastic! Happy with the way it came out?

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, it's a bit smoother now than that unfinished fiberglass was. should be a little easier to clean.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
freaking sweet!! Waiting on anything from me?

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Painted those crossmembers and cutting down the body mount bushings(messy job) and sleeves to the proper sizes….now as long as I can remember what goes where….

IMG_3329.jpeg IMG_3330.jpeg IMG_3344.jpeg IMG_3345.jpeg IMG_3347.jpeg IMG_3346.jpeg IMG_3348.jpeg IMG_3349.jpeg IMG_3350.jpeg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
JUST as intricate as I would of done! :ROFLMAO: Really coming out great!!