• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bc bronco blank dash lay out

igottastanger

I'm starting to install my bc bronco dash it came blank with the off set for the glove box only. I wanted some help with my gauges and how to configure them. If you have a dash and put in aftermarket gauges please post pics so I can get some ideas. I'll also be running bc broncos air conditioning, will the glovebox still be able to be installed with the offset? Thanks for your help.

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
I'm no help to ya but I thought I'd chime in and congratulate you on your purchase. I love the idea of buying a blank canvas for the dash and having it set up exactly the way you want. Can't wait to do it myself.

Subscribed....let's see the pics

viper982

Loc.
Beaverton
Here's what I did:

u9u5ezeh.jpg

ru5evypy.jpg

a5y9y4a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBTX

following this thread as well as I will be ordering a blank dash in the next week or two from BCB

One thing i'd like to do is locate the glovebox in a bit further in than the 4"-5" some of the BCB dashes have.

Any thoughts on tools to cut opening for gauges, glovebox, etc? Especially if I need to make an opening that is not a circle hole? Dremel maybe?

Also does anyone have a CAD template or similar to plan the dash out?

OP
OP
I

igottastanger

Viper982 that looks awesome did you have to switch out sending units for the fuel thank or did your gauge work with the bronco one? Same question with water temp it's not mechanical it's electric. Did u use the factory wiring or go new?

Thunder26

following this thread as well as I will be ordering a blank dash in the next week or two from BCB

One thing i'd like to do is locate the glovebox in a bit further in than the 4"-5" some of the BCB dashes have.

Any thoughts on tools to cut opening for gauges, glovebox, etc? Especially if I need to make an opening that is not a circle hole? Dremel maybe?

Also does anyone have a CAD template or similar to plan the dash out?

I could put it into AutoCAD for you if you want PM me

Here's some links to custom layouts:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114382
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185410
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160565
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177993

Last edited:

viper982

Loc.
Beaverton
Viper982 that looks awesome did you have to switch out sending units for the fuel thank or did your gauge work with the bronco one? Same question with water temp it's not mechanical it's electric. Did u use the factory wiring or go new?

I have all new wiring and installed a 23 gallon fuel tank. All of my gauges are electric except for the speedometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bituman

Loc.
Phoenix Mtn Preserve
Here's mine. Like you, I used BC blank dash and also the BC AC. I deleted the glove box because I wanted something simple and uncluttered. I left the dash pad off, but may some day reinstall.

Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 253

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone ever just modify their original dashboard by welding in pieces over the speaker and ashtray, and moving the glovebox over?

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
Get some sheet magnet and cut out sizes to match the components. You can then sit in the drivers seat and move them around and get an idea of how it will look. You can even print out some pictures (sized accordingly) and glue them on the magnets.

OP
OP
I

igottastanger

Keep them coming guys this helps like y'all wouldn't believe, just got the ok from the wife to upgrade my gauges now. Going with auto meter phantoms, thanks.

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Get some sheet magnet and cut out sizes to match the components. You can then sit in the drivers seat and move them around and get an idea of how it will look. You can even print out some pictures (sized accordingly) and glue them on the magnets.

Wow, great idea. Cheap, simple, and easy.

red hot71

Loc.
kent wash.
I moved my glove box inward more than the 4-5",more like 8" and the problems I came up with was but I still got it to work was the wiring harness/fuze box (stock glove box location)gets realy tight,plus the aftermarket gauges I used,room start to become a issue.

At first I though that I had made bigger problems moving it as far as I had but in the end it worked out better because it would of made room for a FI computer or in my case I added a extra subpanel with all my relays and circut breakers.

I used my stock dash and the distance I moved mine was the distance you gain by removing the ash tray and stock speaker.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Some time in the future I'll be redoing my dash, but I like to plan ahead. I'll use a new blank dash, no glove box (tuffy console), but will have access to fusebox. Speakers on both ends. I like broncoitis' dash, gauges and switches, so I might go in that direction. Mostly, I want some speakers that actually face me and I won't really need the glove box.

VERY COOL!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Chicago71Bronco

Loc.
Chicagoland
Some time in the future I'll be redoing my dash, but I like to plan ahead. I'll use a new blank dash, no glove box (tuffy console), but will have access to fusebox. Speakers on both ends. I like broncoitis' dash, gauges and switches, so I might go in that direction. Mostly, I want some speakers that actually face me and I won't really need the glove box.

VERY COOL!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ditto .... I was checking this one out yesterday and it's exactly what I want to do. I'd probably keep the stock gauge cluster though for sentimental value and move it to the right of the column. Very
Cool

EBTX

Love that dash from broncoitis. Strangely of all the dash pics i've found in the last few weeks this dash somehow slipped by.

It is almost exactly what I was thinking. Speakers on the ends and a relocated glove box.

One previous question I had that hasn't been answered yet was about what tools people using to cut the blank dashes. In another thread Chuck suggested recessed light hole saws for round holes. But what is being used otherwise for things like the glovebox opening? Dremel? Saber Saw?

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
i am very interested what tools you were using as well. Also if bronchitis could comment on how well the ac vents in the center section cool? I really like his layout and am getting ready to add ac to mine as well.

Aaron