• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dealer A/C pictures

patkelley

Loc.
Marietta
Just curious - were all of the dealer A/C kits set up with the compressor on the driver's side of the engine? I am especially curious to see pics of dealer A/C kits with engines that also have smog pumps, as I assume that all the OE smog pumps were on the passenger side on top of the alternator.

If anyone has pics of there engine bay with dealer A/C, please post them so I can see the layout and the mounts. I am looking at maybe doing a custom A/C install.... ;D

Thanks in advance

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
My 1974 ranger dealer air has the compressor on the passanger side.

Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
My 76 the compressor was driver side...On her diet she lost 35 pounds between the mount and compressor...

ryansbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
The place of bronco
From what I have found they came on either side. I have pass side installed on mine. It is now an on board air system. In my shed (soon to post on line to sell) is a driver side unit. The driver side one did not work with my power steering pump.

Xtreme

Loc.
Prosper
My 76 has the smog pump on the drivers side and A/C on the passenger side. Power steering pump is located just beneith the smog pump.

Shane

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Some pics the the 77 Ranger we had.

Years ago I had a 76 with dealer AC and smog, but I do not have pics of that one.

Attachments

• Copy of DSCN1888.JPG
    Copy of DSCN1888.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Copy of DSCN1889.JPG
    Copy of DSCN1889.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Engine 2 (1).jpg
    Engine 2 (1).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Engine 3 (1).jpg
    Engine 3 (1).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Engine 1 (1).jpg
    Engine 1 (1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
patkelley

patkelley

Loc.
Marietta
Thanks for the pics - so I guess that '77 came without a smog pump... I thought the smog system was a federally mandated deal and was std. equipment on all retail US delivered trucks.

Still want to see a pick of the mount/bracket for the driver's side A/C compressor.

John Marinan

Contributor
Loc.
Durango CO.
My 76 had no smog pump or any evidence that there was ever a smog pump. AC was on the passenger side. I may still have that bracket I'll look around for it if you can't find another. I switched the air to a Sanden compressor, new bracket.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thanks for the pics - so I guess that '77 came without a smog pump... I thought the smog system was a federally mandated deal and was std. equipment on all retail US delivered trucks.

Still want to see a pick of the mount/bracket for the driver's side A/C compressor.

No smog pump on it when we got it in 99-2000 timeframe.

It was a one family owned Bronco that was originally out of OK, but I got it in Atlanta after the son moved there).

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Smog pumps on EB's were hit-and-miss over the years. But at some point they may have come on all of them.
The first one I ever saw on an EB was a '66 V8 CA model. None of the '71's or '72's that we had (5 in all) had smog pumps. But I've seen them on plenty of '73's around here.
Can't remember if my buddy's '75 had one or not, but I think it did.
The '76 we have at WH does have one.

By then they may have come on all EB's, or still have been a CA only thing.
I'm thinking that since by then all EB's, FED and CA, had cats, they might have had pumps too.
If it ever becomes important to know, maybe a Smog Referee would have it in their book.

Paul