• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cobra Tachometer (66 Dealer Option)

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
I've seen mention of the Cobra Tachometer in some of the old rare 66 Parts threads and was curious if this is the tach that was a dealer installed option?

There's a few on eBay right now but they're all for V8.

Was this just a dealer option after the 289 was offered? Was there also a 6 cylinder version?

cobra_tachometer_ebay.png
cobra_tachometer_ebay_rear.png

OP
OP
66Uncut

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
This was in 1/66' dealer literature.
Cool, I've seen that brochure but wasn't sure of the date it was released. Good to know it predates the 289 so most likely a 6 cylinder tach existed.

The logo on the drawing sure looks similar to the Cobra logo on the V8 tach.

I wonder if there was there any other literature that specifically mentioned the dealer option as being a Cobra tach or if it had a specific FoMoCo part number?

EDIT:

Found a part number:

C5AZ17A326B - Tach / I-6, 6,000 RPM-Cobra on dial face.

Source: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/819009-1966-f100-tach.html#post7110324

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I’m a mustang guy too…. I thought the straight 6 tachs stopped at 6k and the v8 tachs went to 8k…. Maybe that’s just the mustang rallypac. Super cool either way!