• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Project Springtime or Busted!!!

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
No! I'm actually scared to even work on it because of how I have neglected to do anything on it for so long! :cry: I have to get something done on it or I should just sell it!

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
C'mon Rob, get it running. You have time but SC is just around the corner... Would love to see you there!

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I will try! Kinda scared that the fuel in the tank has turned to varnish! Not a good thing! My life is kinda messed up right now with my back and other things!

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No! I'm actually scared to even work on it because of how I have neglected to do anything on it for so long! :cry: I have to get something done on it or I should just sell it!

You just said the "S" word. NEVER say the "S" word!

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I will try! Kinda scared that the fuel in the tank has turned to varnish! Not a good thing! My life is kinda messed up right now with my back and other things!

Rob, call me I am close enough to help buddy

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
When is Super Celebration this year! Maybe if I can make it down to that. Been trying the past couple years and never seems to work out it seems. Hopefully get to that event this year!

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Rob, call me I am close enough to help buddy

Jason, thanks for the offer. Truck isn't at the house right now but in storage! UGH! Pains me to go and look at it. If I hit a snag I will maybe hit you up! Just have to get up there once the weather breaks because it is too damn cold right now to do anything in a storage unit! However, maybe that could make the seal easier to install because of the cold? %)

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Jason, thanks for the offer. Truck isn't at the house right now but in storage! UGH! Pains me to go and look at it. If I hit a snag I will maybe hit you up! Just have to get up there once the weather breaks because it is too damn cold right now to do anything in a storage unit! However, maybe that could make the seal easier to install because of the cold? %)
I have heaters buddy. Just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bferrari

So......word on the street is that there is a bronco in Jersey that is itching to run but the owner has yet to install a rear main seal ...... any thoughts?

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
So......word on the street is that there is a bronco in Jersey that is itching to run but the owner has yet to install a rear main seal ...... any thoughts?

At this point in time I have no comment! Ahhh.....nope, nothing to say! Gonna get at it before June. Wanna go see everyone in PA! Updates soon!

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Got me some Duff Stuff today! I guess now I really need to get this thing running! LOL! :eek:

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Ok, I admit it! I was scared of NOTHING! I don't know why I waited thought that changing the rear seal was gonna be so difficult because putting it in was honestly pretty easy. I think that biggest PITA is working on my back doing this on a creeper with oil and other crap all over the bottom of the truck as a result of the oil leak! Anyway, its done and the pan is back on. Almost back on the road and excited about MEB out in PA coming up. DEFINITELY gonna be there to hang out with the greatest groug of Bronco Brothers and Sisters out there.

Still some stuff to button up before back running this coming week. Time to get the RIGHT radiator for the Explorer swap. Enough with the small leaks from the crossover tube that are making a MESS underneath and fix the manifold that I stripped %) Oops! and I should be good to go for now!

OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
We need a current picture of the bronco!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhhh, not good! sitting in a 10x20 storage unit! Very tight but stuff is getting done. Tomorrow gonna fix the intake situation and order some stuff to change some things around! Don't need these things necessarily but tired of the square peg round hole thing! I will get a pick tomorrow for ya!

Can't wait to get my new Duff extended Radius arms on the truck. I think they are gonna make a big difference! ;D

Last edited:
OP
OP
broncoitis

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Ok, stuff slowly getting done! Valve covers with studs and the neoprene gaskets from felpro installed and tightened down. Hopefully no more valve cover leak problems like I have with the cork gaskets! Probably my fault but honestly a pain in the butt I think compared to the rubber gaskets felpro offers!
Got the Upper Intake, Throttle Body, IAC and Throttle linkage bolted back up!

Mocked up the new EFI Howe Radiator from the Graveyard! Had the other radiator from Howe in the Non EFI and no issues so I got this one as well and made in the USA! Also got a new battery tray for and Odyssey battery from Ruff Stuff and all I can honestly say about it is that it is AWESOME! It is beefy as hell and is gonna look really nice as well. Have to weld some studs to the bottom so that I can mount it in the truck how I want and then I will get it powder coated or paint it! The other thing that I am contemplating right now is if I should build a new shroud for this radiator or just reuse my previous shroud which worked just fine and I had no issues with cooling things. The biggest change I would make to it would be to make it two pieces so that I could more easily access the front of the engine if need be! Any advice is welcome! Here are some pics!

Hopefully get this back on the road really soon!

Attachments

• P1020281.jpg
    P1020281.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P1020279.jpg
    P1020279.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 38
  • P1020280.jpg
    P1020280.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 59