• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AR 1966 U13 V8 (N code) Springtime Yellow Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
City: Waco
Price: $ lets_talk

Here is a pretty rare one, one of about 10 in existence (that we know of at this point - thanks Okie!), 1966 U13 289 V8

VIN Number U13NL876264

Built June 1966, Springtime Yellow, Front Bucket Seats, 3.50L axle, Phoenix DSO

The reason I am selling is that this is a very rare example, that is mostly complete, however it needs complete restoration. Fully restored examples are hard to find, but U13 V8's are rare and fully restored ones have sold well into the six figures (Mecum 1967 V8 U13 - 115K). So please take into account that it would be a significant amount to restore this (probably 60 grand?), and you will likely still be doing very well in terms of investment.

The reason I am selling is because it is honestly beyond my skill level to build one to this level and do it justice. I work on Broncos as a hobby, and this one deserves a full and proper restoration.

Most U13's were shipped out with fiberglass inserts, however this one must have come from the factory with doors. There are period correct doors on it, with original screwed in door hinges, and no evidence of insert backing plates at all.

This bronco was evidently used on a hunting lodge so many of the body panels need to be replaced due to dents and/or rust.

Floor pans will need to be replaced, kick panels are solid - VIN tag in tact, door posts are perfect!!!!

The frame horns on the front will need to be repaired / replaced due to a big tube bumper that was welded on. As far as frame, that is the only issue that needs to be tended to.

The Vin on the kick panel is still present, and matches the frame. I also have the date code tag for the engine. Motor is original with original 10 screw fuel pump and radiator with reservoir.

Clean and clear title.

I have some parts possibly available - a correct grill, doors, etc.

She is rough, but mostly complete, rolls and steers on correct KH wheels. Missing chrome front bumper (rear is present) and passenger visor. Has correct seats, seat belts, shifter, etc.

Contact me if you have any questions, I am in no rush to sell. Would be a great project for the right person with the skills and time to bring her back to glory. I will be putting up some pics in the next few days, but can easily text you what I have on my phone.

As far as price, I don't know what to ask, this is not your average beater....its a rare beater (but yes, still a beater).

P.S. For someone with real vision (and more money), I have another 1966 U15 Original Paint Springtime yellow 6cyl that runs and drives that would be a great donor and / or second project.

Attachments

• IMG_8214.jpg
    IMG_8214.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_8227.jpg
    IMG_8227.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_8221 2.jpg
    IMG_8221 2.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Status