• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC 1966 U13 Roadster "NOT MINE"

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing your insights on the choices you made. I should better filter my OCD, but I'm not good at that.

No Specracer your good!!! Like Chris (Bajafresh75) said, "this is what we do". Well, I'v done it too... so no problem!

I guess in somethings I took artistic liberties and other things I'v been working on it so long I wasn't going to hold up the project minor stuff. I actually ran way over my target date and wasn't going to miss my next one. Like the "black tie wraps" on metal lines on the engine. I lost my source on my factory style metal ones so I plan to swap them out at the end. By the time project ended I forgot find a new source on metal ties and without out the guly back ties the vacuum lines looked unkept all lose.

Next won't have those minor variances. :)

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Were the seat hinge covers still in place or did you find NOS ones? I need a set if someone has a source.

Specracer

I appreciate your understanding. there are so many restorers (not just Broncos) that just do what they do, out of ignorance. They just didn't take the time to research. Awesome in your case, these were conscious decisions.

Good the next one will be prefect (and we will still comment anyway, ha ha)

And +1 on the hinge caps, I'm missing one.

No Specracer your good!!! Like Chris (Bajafresh75) said, "this is what we do". Well, I'v done it too... so no problem!

Next won't have those minor variances. :)

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Were the seat hinge covers still in place or did you find NOS ones? I need a set if someone has a source.

Yes the hinge covers actually I use repop black mustang hinge covers. They are not a direct fit so you have to do a tweaking... so they are not perfect fit but better then none at all.

Someone needs to repop the '66-67 hinge covers because it is a problem finding them! The original covers are quite thin and appears to be not ejection molded but formed... so maybe getting them made might be to far out of reach. If you compare the short side hinge cover to the long side you'll see the huge difference in the quality between the two.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Yes the hinge covers actually I use repop black mustang hinge covers. They are not a direct fit so you have to do a tweaking... so they are not perfect fit but better then none at all.

Someone needs to repop the '66-67 hinge covers because it is a problem finding them! The original covers are quite thin and appears to be not ejection molded but formed... so maybe getting them made might be to far out of reach. If you compare the short side hinge cover to the long side you'll see the huge difference in the quality between the two.

Awesome thank you!

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
64-66 mustang?

No I think I actually used 68 mustang seat hinge covers. But I have to go back and check through my info. I know it wasn't a direct fit and took some effort to make them work and look good... but it was better then having nothing at all.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
How many of those hinge covers could somebody actually sell?

Worth it for a vendor to repop?

Todd Z.

Specracer

Thank you, off the top of my head, I only need one, so fiddling would be ok.

No I think I actually used 68 mustang seat hinge covers. But I have to go back and check through my info. I know it wasn't a direct fit and took some effort to make them work and look good... but it was better then having nothing at all.