• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Filler door option

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I got these today... VERY slick.

These are locking (special ordered 2 with the same lock... so only one key for both)

They fit perfectly in the stock filler holes and the mounting screws even fit the stock pattern for 3 of em (you'll have to drill 3 more)

I was going to fab in 77 fuel doors... but I think this is the hotter ticket.

Not exactly cheap... but a VERY clean look for EB.

Attachments

• fuel_caps.jpg
    fuel_caps.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 78

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Very nice, interested in info. Doing mine wasnt cheap in the long run either. Honda CB-1 tank graft.

OP
OP
GraficO

GraficO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
my rig is in the body shop right now... so I can't do a photo installed.... but I put it in the hole... there is about 1/8" slop in the hole... but the 3 screw holes lined up perfect-O... just drill 3 more and you're set.

BAT had backing rings too that I think were tapped for the Allen head screws it came with instead of using just the cork gasket and the screw/nut... I didn't get those though...

Last edited:

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
Sweet, thanks, how did you make the elbow connection, with a 90 degree hose or cut and weld the stock filler neck and use straight hose? Or all fuel hose to the tank (as flexible as it is tho...)

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Here's mine - Kawasaki - had to fab a backing plate/latching mechanism.

Attachments

• filler door.jpg
    filler door.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 61

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Very nice, interested in info. Doing mine wasnt cheap in the long run either. Honda CB-1 tank graft.

Yea really when you consider buying a new bike just to use the tank. %) I bought a '77 Bronco just to cut out the gas doors for my '74. ;)