• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Picture shrinker

JoeLat

You can use Micro Soft Paint, which should be on your computer (Accessories). Under the Image drop menu you can use Stretch/Skew. Put what ever % you want in the Stretch fields, such as 50% and 50% and you will have a smaller photo.

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
option number 2: right click on the picture and choose "open with..." and select "microsoft office picture manager". once the software opens the picture, chose the "picture" dropdown box and then hit "resize". that will open a table on the right side of the screen. at that point, resize it to whatever side you think is best. i usually chose "web-large".

of course, this only works if you have microsoft office. but i think it's a really easy way to resize images.

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
I sometimes I email a folder of pictures to my self. Outlook express will have question box pop up asking if you would like to make your pictures smaller before sending.
Save them to a temp folder and then I delete that folder so I don't have a lot of duplicates.
Works for me. no program to download.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
option number 2: right click on the picture and choose "open with..." and select "microsoft office picture manager". once the software opens the picture, chose the "picture" dropdown box and then hit "resize". that will open a table on the right side of the screen. at that point, resize it to whatever side you think is best. i usually chose "web-large".

of course, this only works if you have microsoft office. but i think it's a really easy way to resize images.

Learn a new trick every day ;D

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The MS Image resizer works great and after install it is in the option menu of all your pictures. It's free.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Look for it down low on the right side of the screen, 5th from the bottom.

Nate
'68
If you run XP the MS resizer is hands-down the fastest, simplest way to go. Other options and instructions here in the Test & Help forum: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34502