• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finished my bumpers

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Finished the rear about 1 1/2 months ago, just finished the front and installed the winch today. Didn't turn out as good as I wanted, but look pretty nice.

Attachments

• 100_1094.jpg
    100_1094.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 338
  • 100_1093.jpg
    100_1093.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 372
  • 100_1092.jpg
    100_1092.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 100_1090.jpg
    100_1090.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 360

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Those are nice looking bumpers. Do you have a better one of the back? Did you happen to keep track of measurements, so I can make some similar? Thanks.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great job. I like what you did with the D-rings too. I don't know if the angle you put on them was strictly cosmetic, but I'd say that with that angle in there you're less likely to bend them when doing a nasty side-pull, or when using both of them in tandem for pulling.
Can't wait to see them on the trail.

Paul

OP
OP
mustangtoby

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Casey, there wasn't really any measurements to go from. I had a piece of 4"x6" tube that was a bumper on a old pickup. I just tapered it a little bit, capped of the ends, and welded a couple of pieces on to bolt it to the Bronco.

The D rings just sort of fit like that. I wanted them close to the frame, and the angle just looked right.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
were those camera phone pics....the two of the rear are hard to look at.

OP
OP
mustangtoby

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Here's a little better pic of the rear, at least I got it in the sun.
I would still like to put a filler panel under the tailgate behind the bumper. Right now when the gate is open, it's only about 3/4" above the bumper. I'm thinking about maybe some diamond plate aluminum riveted in.

Attachments

• 100_1096.jpg
    100_1096.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_1095.jpg
    100_1095.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 130

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Damn, for not as nice as you want, those are pretty freakin' nice. Good work!

Project_bronco

Loc.
Cottonwood, CA
Very clean looking. I like the lines, and I really like the simplicity of them and the bar on the rear for some reason...like a step or a jeep tow bar. LOL

Great job!

Oh, and is your spare tire carrier chromed? It looks sick!

OP
OP
mustangtoby

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Yeah, the guy I got it from had a buddy who owned a chrome shop, so they practiced on everyting they could think of on it. The spare tire carrier is chrome, the little latch on the passenger side (for the tire carrier), the factory air cleaner, the latch on the windshield for when you fold it down, it's all chromed. Pretty good score for me, I love chrome. He also chromed bolts all over the place, which sucks 'cause SAE or metric neither one will fit 1/2 the time. Looks sharp, when I clean it up!

junebug

Mustangtoby that is exactly what I had in mind! I think I will go with the 4x6 as well.