• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My First Soft Top

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I finally bought a soft top for my Bronco. It's a Rampage top. Seems to fit good, I like the parchment color. I ordered the top, and when it showed up it came with a free T-shirt, ;D but no instructions.:( Luckily for me, Tito was in town to give me a hand installing it. After a few hours it was on. It helps to have some sun or warmer weather, which we had neither. So we used a heat gun, which worked pretty good. Now it has stopped raining and I got the top tensioned and some pics out in the sun. Thanks again Josh, for helping me out.
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_4773.JPG
    IMG_4773.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_4774.JPG
    IMG_4774.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_4776.JPG
    IMG_4776.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4775.JPG
    IMG_4775.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_4778.JPG
    IMG_4778.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 216

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Looks nice. Looks like it fit good too. can you post a closer picture on how the top hooks to the windshield riser by chance?

Thanks

OP
OP
garberz

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
That looks great Mark! You an expert at putting it on and taking it off yet?

Maybe not an expert. But I do know where it needs to be fine tuned. I like the way it fits, no complaints.

broncokak, I'll post a pic as soon as I can, It fits on the riser just like the Kayline or STC. Either of those risers would work.
Mark

Chicago Pete

Loc.
Chicago
Nice job, looks great! :cool:

With all the BS I have been going through getting my metal top painted, headliner, wiper motor bracket and cover, new glass seals and liftgate latch nightmare I should have gone with a soft top.
The top of my doors still don't align right, ARRRGGGGH! :mad:

75 Ranger

Looks great Mark. Love those dark tinted windows. Cant wait to see it in person. :cool:

Seymourpus

BANNED
Loc.
So Cal
Since I am always honest......

I drilled stupid holes in the top of the body behind each door and tailgate for the screw and snap connectors.

The worthless top may keep rain out if properly installed.

And your Bronco is parked in the garage.

On of off, its new holes dying to develop cancer to your bodywork, unless its fiberglass.

You may feel good driving with it in the rain and light snow. But, try driving a chic in a mini-skirt, nylons and heels you picked up Friday after work to go 4 hours in 15F temp to a Maine ski resort.

A bikini top and a POR-15 carpetless interior would be slightly less cold.

Try snapping one vinyl connector in -10 degree weather as the top contracts.

Your bloody fingers, frozen finally getting a wrench, ripping the top.

Not to mention the cheap bars, slides and other crap looks stupid.

Then again, maybe your in Florida and are trying to keep skeeters away.

Then it works.

Filled in the holes when I painted, removed and tossed vinyl disease.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Hey Seymour, he's in Thousand Oaks...not even sure if he will see 50* there ;D

I do know what you mean on trying to get things snapped or zipped in sub freezing temps...at least the blood is slow to flow in those temps!

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Why run a soft top in sub freezing temps? I always just put the hard top back on. ;D

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Looks great. In your neck of the woods temperatures shouldnt be a problem. Im still freezing my ars off in my (new to me) soft top wrangler. I wont subject my Bronco to the evil salt monsters of Ohio.

matt w

Bronco Guru
I am liking that fo-sho !;)

.............. Very nice! ;D ...and Cool:cool: ,

............................ cause its white! heh-heh

matt w

Bronco Guru
Since I am always honest......

I drilled stupid holes in the top of the body behind each door and tailgate for the screw and snap connectors.

The worthless top may keep rain out if properly installed.

And your Bronco is parked in the garage.

On of off, its new holes dying to develop cancer to your bodywork, unless its fiberglass.

You may feel good driving with it in the rain and light snow. But, try driving a chic in a mini-skirt, nylons and heels you picked up Friday after work to go 4 hours in 15F temp to a Maine ski resort.

A bikini top and a POR-15 carpetless interior would be slightly less cold.

Try snapping one vinyl connector in -10 degree weather as the top contracts.

Your bloody fingers, frozen finally getting a wrench, ripping the top.

Not to mention the cheap bars, slides and other crap looks stupid.

Then again, maybe your in Florida and are trying to keep skeeters away.

Then it works.

Filled in the holes when I painted, removed and tossed vinyl disease.

BUT..MARK lives in SUNNY & DRY California where it rains for one week ALL YEAR LONG (well maybe!)!!

AND where Mark lives it might get down to 40 degrees at night!

AND, Oh ya and I don't think he has a rust problem in the lovely Conejo Valley!;D

............ ...nice choice Mark!..IMHO! ;)