• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buyer beware in FL

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Just a buyer beware for you guys. There has been a '66 for sale down here in Port Orange, FL and it appears that this is a little shady. A CB member who lives in the area looked at this truck during his search for a new rig and says it is a bondo bucket and poorly repaired. For the past several months it has been on CL as a baby blue truck for $9,400. It has recently been reposted in this green color for $13,500. This is supposedly the same truck with a new cheap paint job over top of all the old paint and bondo.

This is the new add:
http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/1936242280.html

This is the old add:
http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/1883083690.html

I'M IN NO WAY SAYING THIS IS A SCAM BECAUSE THE TRUCK DOES EXIST, I JUST WANT POTENTIAL BUYERS TO BEWARE. Again I'm not bashing, flaming, or being an a-hole I just want you guys to be aware of what we know so you don't get hosed.

The owner must think this is one hellva paint job to raise the price $4,100.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
There are a few threads on this site about that Bronco. It was for sale in the baby blue form a few times on ebay and it was obvious from the listing, the guy didn't know the first thing about Broncos. Several of us e-mailed him asking about the bondoed in rear body seams only to get snide replies in return. Definitely a polished turd by all accounts.

ElkhartBronco

Loc.
Cedar Bluff
I was just looking at this bronco on ebay today. it is the same baby blue one, even still has the blue overspray on the rear springs and diff.
He's got it listed for 7500 to start the auction with. It's most definitely a pig with lipstick.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Both listings are now gone. Maybe the owner realized that he was WAY overpriced on the vehicle... or maybe not...maybe just tired of everyone speaking out about how bad it really is. Scaring away potential buyers%)