• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Snow Run! February 19 at Rausch Creek! **Pics Page 4**

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I was in the Red Unlimited Rubicon with my 3 yo son. My buddy in the black unlimited got into the icy ruts on the way down trail H. He hit me straight on the first time - no damage! Two more attempts at getting him into the snow resulted in him losing momentum, sliding back into the ice tracks and into my Jeep. The fourth attempt got him into the soft snow where he had some traction.

We worked him out backwards up the icy hill using branches and downed trees for traction. After about an hour, he was clear. My son watched a movie on a portable DVD player while we worked Dan's Jeep out. I was straddled on the snow and backed out under my own power with the diffs locked.

While it's going to cost me a new rear bumper, I had a good time. The damage could have been MUCH worse. He'll be buying a new front bumper and driver fender.

I was just happy my son had a good time and we made it home in one piece.

Thanks for organizing and allowing us to join you.

Jeff

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Jeff, sorry you and Dan both got some damage. But I guess Jeeps are just like Broncos - get some damage and it's time to upgrade! Feel free to join us anytime.

Funny thing is it worked out going down the hill on H and then up Power Line.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Hey Bill, your Raptor is getting some notice on FSB. This pic was posted with the caption:

"Whoever this was, thanks for making us all feel inadequate"

Attachments

• bb4e9547.jpg
    bb4e9547.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 430

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Well it looks like you guys had a good time. Sorry I missed it.

Nice Raptor!! How does it do towing the bronco?

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
funny stuff, the Raptor is great !! probably the nicest truck Ive owned! towed real nice, 6.2 has gobs of power and torque, trailer sway control, built in brake controller and rear camera are awesome.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
funny stuff, the Raptor is great !! probably the nicest truck Ive owned! towed real nice, 6.2 has gobs of power and torque, trailer sway control, built in brake controller and rear camera are awesome.

Didnt want to highjack but want to ask how it towed, thinking about getting the crew cab, already answered- Thanks - Love both trucks!! Dave

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD

Bill always rolls hard and deep!;D

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Very nice "tow rig" :) Worth the wait!!! Looking fwd to seeing you and the rig in Gore
Karl

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
Very nice "tow rig" :) Worth the wait!!! Looking fwd to seeing you and the rig in Gore
Karl

Thanks for the compliments guys, Karl, nice looking buggy, will you bring that to Gore?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey Bill, your Raptor is getting some notice on FSB. This pic was posted with the caption:

"Whoever this was, thanks for making us all feel inadequate"

LOL, now that is funny!!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here's a good video of the easier group that was posted on FSB.

Finally slapped the photos and videos together in a video... hope y'all enjoy it. I paired up some music I was listening to that night and I think it fit pretty well... sorry if it doesn't fit everyone's taste. :goodfinge

[YOUTUBE]yiQum9Sqas4[/YOUTUBE]