• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

my build thread.......finally...Bocci?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
all new project about to be undertaken. I have a vision that i cannot get out of my head. It's going to be a long and bumpy road but should be worth it in the end.

Mission: build a capable, off road, road warrior along the lines of my two Heros broncokak (Ken) and Todd Foss. You can't find two nicer guys that epitomize what the subculture of the Bronco Brotherhood is all about. They are always ready to lend a hand and give advice.

They not only use their trucks as daily drivers but drove from Maine to VA and wheeled them hard all weekend at the MEB Bronco Round Up running with Gordon Bailie and Jim Hardy all weekend.....not pink fuzzy bunny like i did!

I know what i want to do but with very limited funds this will be tedious at best....bear with me. I am also inspired by so many of the rigs and more importantly their builder owners that i have met. I know at one point everybody was starting where i am. This is MY truck. I want to do damn near everything myself so there will be plenty of questions....back to your reguarly scheduled forum....

Last edited:

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Lets get it on!!!

I'm sure this will be a fun thread to watch. Can't wait.

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Ben, you are a huge factor in this. JohnJohn, Bax, Steve, Brian, Sean, Herman, Tito, and of course BMC!.....there are so many i can't name....i've taken ideas and squirreled them away in a notebook for sometime.....how about starting with efi? ;D

It's time. The leaks under mine at the car show yesterday was the the straw.....

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
did already....picked up 4.56 axles with ARB locker in the front and a Detroit in the rear with chromemoly Moser shafts and a warn winch this evening AND 4 wheels discs.....part out what i won't use and have the downstairs stuff done....only about 200 miles on the setup.

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Umm, showing my age maybe, but it's been done Randy. Sorry!

You'll need to pick a different color.

;D

Attachments

• bananaboxart.GIF
    bananaboxart.GIF
    74.4 KB · Views: 359
OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that's Fleegle!! i'm right there with ya! what was that carrier i got from you again? front l/s dana 44??

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Ha, sad that we remember that show! I actually loved that show. Cool build name!!

Yes, factory l/s Dana 44. Thanks for the radio by the way. Works great!

Look fwd to your build. You've helped all of us, let me know if I can return a favor or 2.

Paul

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Thanks Paul.....it takes a village, i just happen to be the idiot ;D

OP
OP
tasker

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
point well taken....i would offer to drop off "tasker's opus" but i want my hands on it myself....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice..! Look forward to it.

So no new subject for this task at hand, you're using ole yeller?

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I won't be too much help down here in KY, but will be watching every step. Good luck. I haven't even started my build thread, even though I am "half way" done.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Off to a good start with those gears and axles. ;D
Can't wait to see the evolution. I'll be tuned in! :)

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Hey, thanks for the upgrade from crazy to hero! ;D

If you need anything just let us know. It will be interesting to see what you have planned.