• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Group Buy on 3-Row Champion Radiators!

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Ok, we are ready for the official mass buy for the 3-Row Champion Radiators!

Dates for Group Buy: 3 Jan 2012 - C.O.B. on 6 Jan 2012

There are two options available:

1. Original Style Radiator
http://www.championradiators.com/page/404171694

The one for the mass buy is CC521, in the middle of the page if you click on the link above.

NOTE: These radiators are in stock and available for shipping.

2. Conversion Style Radiator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-ROW-CHAMP...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb9a42761

This radiator is if you need a radiator that has the inlet on the passenger side and outlet on the drivers side. These radiators will have a transmisson cooler built in on the passenger side.

NOTE: Currently, there are only three of these in stock. An order will be placed once our group/mass buy is in effect. The company is going to see how many they need to order to meet our needs/requests. There will be a 6 week lead time +/- 2 weeks to get these in stock. This information was originally posted in the "possible mass buy thread" that I posted in the Bronco Chat Section.

3. Other Options......
a. 16" Electric fan +$25
b. Aluminum Fan Shroud for above fan +$125
c. Over Flow Tanks +$unknown....sorry
d. External Coolers (tube style with fins, 18" or 20", i believe) +$50

4. Also, If LedFoot Racing has a 3-Row radiator that you would like for a different vehicle, the discount also applies to it!!!

PRICES ON RADIATORS: The price will be the following
(shipping not included in these prices. Estimated at $29.99 for one radiator)
3-5 radiators - $20 savings = $180 per radiator
6-10 radiators - $25 savings = $175 per radiator
11-19 radiators - $30 savings = $170 per radiator
20 or more - $35 savings= $165 per radiator

HOW TO ORDER.............
1. Call LedFoot Racing during business hours @ 714-974-1650
Business Hours 9am-6pm pacific time
Dates for Group Buy: 3 Jan 2012 - C.O.B. on 6 Jan 2012
2. Tell them you are part of the group buy for Classicbroncos.com and
mention my name, J.D.J.
3. Order the radiator that you want, 3-row for original replacement, 3-row for conversion, or for any other application that you may want/need.

OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
1. The final price on the radiators will not be known for sure until Friday 6 Jan 2012, unless 20 or more radiators are ordered before then.

2. IF you are ordering an original style, they are currently in stock and will start shipping 9 Jan 2012, or as soon as 20 or more total radiators are ordered under our mass buy.

3. IF you are ordering a conversion style, VERY limited numbers are available but an order will be placed once it is determined how many are needed. So, there will be a slight delay for most of the orders placed for this radiator.

4. 3-Row Radiators for other applications are also included in this group buy!

5. After you have placed your order, and if the radiator you want is not currently in stock, you will not be charged for the product until it is in stock and ready to ship!

6. If you will please, post on here once you have placed your order! If most people that are on the original order list, we should have no problem getting these radiators for the cheapest price of $165+shipping!

Last edited by a moderator:

DEEPWOODS

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have placed a order for a conversion one. Thanks for all your work Thanks Keith

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I will order tomorrow..... thank you for putting this together. I ordered the 4 core radiator mounts today and am getting the stock replacement 3 core from Champion... so we have a count.

Just saw this.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1977-F...=200683038561&ps=63&clkid=5334802233426170489

These prices jumping around is making me crazy! I don't want to regret moving forward with the mass buy... but I would have already bought the $149.98 sale prices knowing what I know now! Vent over.....

Last edited:

cafirefhtr

Ditto motoman's post!! Going with the conversion, I hope everyone else comes through from the original list. Come on CB Brotherhood ;D

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I ordered mine today and he was busy on the phone. Hopefully he will hit the 20 mark quickly.

Henry

Okie69

Contributor
Ordered mine, with electric fan and shroud! I was number 5.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I also ordered mine today! Thanks for the support guys! Hopefully our other Bronco brothers will come through to get us to the 20 order goal.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I will order tomorrow..... thank you for putting this together. I ordered the 4 core radiator mounts today and am getting the stock replacement 3 core from Champion... so we have a count.

Just saw this.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1977-F...=200683038561&ps=63&clkid=5334802233426170489

These prices jumping around is making me crazy! I don't want to regret moving forward with the mass buy... but I would have already bought the $149.98 sale prices knowing what I know now! Vent over.....

Motoman,
I'm sorry about the change in price. When I finally got in touch with them to ask about the price of original style, the sale was already over. My bad.

I looked at the link you posted above, same radiator, different seller.

Tasty Geezer

original style ordered...I was told we were at the $175.00 mark, he said he thought I was #8...charged/shipping on Monday...

Let's get the 20 order goal!!!

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
original style ordered...I was told we were at the $175.00 mark, he said he thought I was #8...charged/shipping on Monday...

Let's get the 20 order goal!!!

Thanks for the support Tasty! Come on guys get those orders in! We are almost half way there.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Am currently in the tear down process of my 66. Goal is 302, NV3550, PS, PB, A/C. Which of the 3 row would be the best choice?

Thanks

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
JD I purchased one right before the mass buy maybe you can swing it to give you guy’s credit for that sale. I am not looking to gain anything but you guys can benefit from it all the better. The day I purchased the radiator was 12/15/11.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Am currently in the tear down process of my 66. Goal is 302, NV3550, PS, PB, A/C. Which of the 3 row would be the best choice?

Thanks

BoureeOne,

The radiator you choose (original style or conversion) will depend on which timing cover and water pump you are running. If you are running a stock style timing cover and water pump, you will want the original style replacement. If you are running explorer timing cover and accessories, or 5.0 mustang accessories (or the like) you will need the conversion radiator.

The conversion radiator is just like the original style radiator with two differences...... the location of the inlet and outlet of the radiator.

The original style: inlet on driver side top corner of rad and outlet is on passenger side lower corner.

The conversion style: inlet on passenger side top and outlet is on driver side lower corner.

Does this clear it up for you?

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
JD I purchased one right before the mass buy maybe you can swing it to give you guy’s credit for that sale. I am not looking to gain anything but you guys can benefit from it all the better. The day I purchased the radiator was 12/15/11.

I will try! Thanks for the heads up!

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Just got off the phone with Evan at Ledfoot Racing... got my original radiator, 3 core ordered.... thank you again!

Hey got another question.... what coolant do you run with an aluminum radiator??

Last edited:
OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Just got off the phone with Evan at Ledfoot Racing... got my original radiator, 3 core ordered.... thank you again!

Hey got another question.... what coolant do you run with an aluminum radiator??

I am planning on running regular antifreeze and water. There is a product that I used to sell when I worked at Discount Auto Parts/Advance Auto Parts that is supposed to help the engine run cooler. Right now I can't remember.....I have seen it on the power block shows on spike. Also we could ask ledfoot racing their suggestion......

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
A zinc anode should take care of any corrosion issues in the radiator and the engine. Should prevent any scaling from developing.

JDJ,

Still contemplating the purchase of the radiator. The only hesitation that I have at this point is that I have alot of time into getting the stock style to work with the Explorer Serp conversion and the EFI! %)

Built a pretty nice custom shroud (At least I think so. ;D), Got the A/C stuff fitting really nice as well and the Crossover pipe came out OK as well. %)

Having said that, the conversion radiator is really the way to go. I will decide by Friday if i am #10 or not. ?:?

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I talked with a couple guys last night. I know of about 3 folks that are supposed to order a radiator today which will put us around the 11 mark so right now we are right at $170 per radiator! We are doing good so far.....Keep up the good work and get those orders called in today!

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
A zinc anode should take care of any corrosion issues in the radiator and the engine. Should prevent any scaling from developing.

JDJ,

Still contemplating the purchase of the radiator. The only hesitation that I have at this point is that I have alot of time into getting the stock style to work with the Explorer Serp conversion and the EFI! %)

Built a pretty nice custom shroud (At least I think so. ;D), Got the A/C stuff fitting really nice as well and the Crossover pipe came out OK as well. %)

Having said that, the conversion radiator is really the way to go. I will decide by Friday if i am #10 or not. ?:?

You know you want one......go ahead and place your order ;);D