• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
How does it lay out with your tank fill on the other side? I stuck mine up with a couple self tappers ,much easier to visualize than tape.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
How does it lay out with your tank fill on the other side? I stuck mine up with a couple self tappers ,much easier to visualize than tape.

With my axle moved back 4 inches I'm sure I'll have to figure out the fill tube. I'm running out of steam :)

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
If the fuel filler works I'd do the further back. Your wheelbase will never shrink.

Very true. I just want it to look centered when I'm done. Thanks for all the help today.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Any time:)

I'm betting its close further back, but what do I know, I cut the quarter out between the door and wheel well and replaced it to fill in the gap, mine had been previously cut and the tire looked way back there in the hole. But from what I remember taking measurements the factory "flare" would have just barely been cut off.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Didn't realize you moved it back that far. I can see how that would complicate things.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
B0CC29DC-3EBF-40B7-8CB8-AA2C8C11FC79_zpsgb1sjkxr.jpg
This is where I unsubscribe :mad: Just kidding...

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Like I've said before , I knew this day was coming the day I met you. And if you would of found a cut Bronco to start with it would of been easier. You made one hell of a nice luber ,but not near as nice as it will be when your closer to finished (their never finished)

Some are bought and some are BUILT,you can be proud of the work you've done.
With that being said.....Get back to work,I'll wait here in my recliner looking for updates.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Like I've said before , I knew this day was coming the day I met you. And if you would of found a cut Bronco to start with it would of been easier. You made one hell of a nice luber ,but not near as nice as it will be when your closer to finished (their never finished)

Some are bought and some are BUILT,you can be proud of the work you've done.
With that being said.....Get back to work,I'll wait here in my recliner looking for updates.

The struggle is real :) I tried my hardest to keep it a LUBR because that's what other people wanted me to do. I bought into it for awhile, but now I've decided to build what makes me happy. I know I don't need to explain that to you ;)

Get off the chair and grab a grinder ;D

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Thanks to Mike and John I was able to make a lot of progress towards getting the 37's to fit. I'll spare everyone the pain of seeing that progress and just add a few pics of my son helping ;)

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I think you need to contact Milwaukee advertising dept and sell that last pic to them for an ad . Man what a smile,he smiles with his eyes.
Saw Dan And Mark today,Dan was headed out to see a $2900 Bronco on CL. I may have a trailer gig tomorrow.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I think you need to contact Milwaukee advertising dept and sell that last pic to them for an ad . Man what a smile,he smiles with his eyes.
Saw Dan And Mark today,Dan was headed out to see a $2900 Bronco on CL. I may have a trailer gig tomorrow.

Thanks Mike! He is always smiling and you're right about his eyes.

Let me know if you guys need some help tomorrow.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Third times a charm v2.0 **4-link build in progress

Thanks Mike! He is always smiling and you're right about his eyes.

Let me know if you guys need some help tomorrow.

Spend every minute you can with em

Mine was that age a couple of years ago and he turns 18 this month and is probably gonna go off to college 900 miles away

I know a lot of people that can't wait for their kids to move out but I like having the guy around , he's a great kid.

Seems like about five years between these photos
0ed848b7bd18c69df3cd4699e3e4a612.jpg
237751dd9ced9754a89eaad939a85759.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Such a great set of pictures. He is 14 months old and that time has flown by so I can see how a blink or two would lead to 18 years. I excited to spend more time with him in the garage.

bsquared

Contributor
Spend every minute you can with em

Mine was that age a couple of years ago and he turns 18 this month and is probably gonna go off to college 900 miles away

I know a lot of people that can't wait for their kids to move out but I like having the guy around , he's a great kid.

Seems like about five years between these photos
0ed848b7bd18c69df3cd4699e3e4a612.jpg
237751dd9ced9754a89eaad939a85759.jpg

Coolest pictures I've seen in quite a while! Great build thread too, by the way! Good stuff!

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
JSmall;2812970[URL=http://s748.photobucket.com/user/ReactMS/media/92A8D031-3F31-4E86-A30E-2AAF23EDCBD6_zpsfbgyifwf.jpg.html said:

I agree, what a great pic.

Ok the rest of us non purists would like some cut pics!! ;D;D;D