• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Build - Third Time's a Charm - Highline Classics

Ro_Ja Boy

I like to document when I go through a build or modification process on a car. My first Bronco was built by Highline Classics in 2019 and was one of the first handful of Coyote builds they had done. I loved that Bronco, but the market for Broncos had gotten crazy and I decided to put it on Bringatrailer. That sold and had planned to buy something less expensive as a "weekend car with the kids". My OCD wouldn't let me and I ended up ordering another build from Highline. I owned that a little over a year and had only put 300 miles on it because I learned that not having a top meant that the kids just get blasted in the backseat. Between feeling like I couldn't take it on the freeway with them in the back and their sports schedules, I just never drove that Bronco. I decided I either needed to buy a hardtop or sell it. I sold it and soon after placed my third (and hopefully last) Bronco build order with Highline.

It's set to be done in the next four months and will post updates as I get them along the way.

j5SK6D5.jpeg

xKSyKVF.jpeg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Your last one - ha! Looking forward to this build as this progresses.

Todd Z.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
A good friend of mine recently got his from Highline and is really happy. Lots of mulah if you add all the stuff on it. He jokes around that I saved a hundred grand by doing mine myself but I just laugh cause I know what I spent on it, so not really.

OP
OP
R

Ro_Ja Boy

Nobody believes me when I say I'll keep this one forever. :D

Color won't be blue again this time.

The process of having one built is a lot of fun. None of the stress and frustrations of building cars and all the fun of choosing all the details. It sounds like some buyers just choose an exterior color and an interior color, that's it. I like to sort through every little detail and make the Bronco exactly how I'd build it if I were doing myself. I'm looking at going up to their shop at the beginning of May to look at some final details of suspension, tire size, etc.

OP
OP
R

Ro_Ja Boy

Have had the Duff spare tire carrier the last two Broncos and while I think it's a great product/value, I wanted something that sat closer to the body this time. Was back and forth between Duffy's solution for strengthening an OEM one and the Icon carrier. Ended up going with the Icon.

1w3tuFx.jpg

QIHMi8A.jpg

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Looks really nice! $3K is a little steep, but so is everything these days!

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
Just curious…why wish it swung to passenger side?

i just think it's more practical, functional and safer if it swings out to the passenger side... since you could potentially be pulled over on the side of the road when accessing the back or needing to swing it out.
i think Icon has a limiter on how far it swings out and even the resistance so it's not able to swing out into traffic. but my mind just feels it's safer swinging to the right

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
It’s about visibility, it’s offset to the drivers side, blocks less of your vision over your shoulder and through the rear view mirror.

oh right! i remember reading that a while back. Ro_Ja Boy will have to let us know if that makes a difference vs his experience with the duff carrier