• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

"Grocery Getter" continuation thread...

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Some of you know that my girlfriend (aka HottieWheels on here) is the new owner of ponyracer's old rig. (http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173722&highlight=ponyracer) Which makes me the new builder of said rig. I have just recently been able to get back to work on it now that the weathers nice. Not much has changed on it so far. Really, just picking up where he left off. Here is a list of what needs to happen as of now.

1) Gears, all around. Got the rears in hand now, just need to put them in.

2) Brakes, all around. New lines, calipers and pads are in order. Also, I need to build the brackets for the rear discs on the Sterling 10.25.

3) Driveshafts...self explanatory with his addition of the NP435.

4) Gotta get the old brake pedal assembly (that he welded to the firewall) off to put the new one with the clutch pedal on.

5) I'm sure there are more...

Revelation

Bronco Guru
4) Gotta get the old brake pedal assembly (that he welded to the firewall) off to put the new one with the clutch pedal on.

As much fabrication as he did on it WTF was he thinking on the Brake/clutch bracket?

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 309

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
was wondering who bought it .... cool to see it again !!!

i loved the built until he started taking the flares back off and cut bigger openings !!

any new pics ???

Attachments

• zz5320.jpg
    zz5320.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 310

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I too was wondering who had bought it. I had talked to pony racer several times, bought parts from him, and when by his house one time to see the rig. Glad to find out that the rig ended up in good hands. Looking forward to the build.

OP
OP
Crewwzin

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
I'm also going to be setting up a donation fund to get this ball rolling along a little faster. ;D Gots a lots to do.

OP
OP
Crewwzin

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Finally got the brake pedal assembly off this evening. Needless to say, I have some sheetmetal work to do. Finally just said screw it and broke out the grinder. It cost me two cutoff wheels, a air chisel bit and a little bit of blood, but I got it off. Tomorrow, the repairs start.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool I was wondering what hapened to this Bronco! I'll follow along to see how it turns out.;D

OP
OP
Crewwzin

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Got to work on the truck a little more this afternoon. Focused on getting the clutch linkage back in and working like its supposed to. While Im stuck with the stuff that came with the project, I had to get creative. After mocking everything up, the equalizer bar pivot point was sticking outside the frame about 4" which would interfere with the shock hoops I was planning to use.
IMAG0280.jpg

So I decided to cut the equalizer bar down to where it moved the pivot point to on top of the frame as it should be.
IMAG0281.jpg

At this point, I realized the clutch rod and the equalizer bar were about 6" from connecting. As I was racking my brain and tearing apart the shop looking for a suitable way to close this gap, it came to me. Use the piece I just cut out of the equalizer bar!
IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

I was still about 2" from the clutch rod, so I bent a slight offset in the rod and everything lines up like a champ. All I have left to do is build a mount for the pivot point and we will have a working clutch.

In other project news, we've got the ring and pinion sets in. All I have to do is find a decent machine shop to cut them down to accomodate for the shave job Ponyracer did.

Slowly but surely, its coming together.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Ahh yes I debated long and hard about that rig, i thought the price was right, but i just couldn't swing it in the budget and time to head south and pick it up. Looked like a great start to a rig.

Glad to see its in good hands! Looks like you are making progress on the important stuff.

OP
OP
Crewwzin

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Yeah, the important stuff is the hard stuff at the moment. I really don't enjoy picking up a half-done project, but it was a great deal that couldn't really be passed up.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Did it wind up being $2k? I was so close to driving out there with a trailer but I had just bought my 74

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crewwzin

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Yup...$2K. I like to think of it as buying some axles and NP435 and getting a whole bronco for free.