• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

After 14 years I'm back in a '77 EB Updated -7-14-14 Update

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Had three in high school. '69 was wrecked after a guy t-boned me by passing me through an intersection..ugh. '68 put back together by three high schoolers, new door posts, cowl, floor pans, engine, trans, brakes, 44 swap and had her going in three months. She wasn't purty and even lost my homework as it slid out from between the bottom of the door and the floor ( no rockers ) and I was making 4.50 an hour part time back in the mid 90's. I turned her into a roadster and sold her off.

Had a '73 stocker for a short stint, until I decided to put myself through a BS degree...Bronco had to pay for school. Since then it's been life, marriage, house, multiple refi's, paying off daily drivers, you name it.

Finally had a heart to heart with the wife, pleaded my case, said from the side jobs and selling of the newer Triumph, I could just about cover this Bronco in Colorado. So she said if it feels right, make it happen.

I struck a deal with Front Ranger last night on his '77 Ranger with 75K original miles. Sure, she has a little touching up to do, some tuning up to do as a PM, but that's the fun in them. This old girl's needs aren't near as bad as any of the junks I had back in high school.

Front Ranger said, while driven on weekends, he hasn't traveled very far in her at any given time. I've been thinking going 1100 miles in a rig that I haven't had a chance to update myself, seems a bit risky, especially since my wife would be with me.

I did the UShip quote thing this morning. Can/would any of you have any other recommendations or positive feedback regarding shipping her from CO to IL?

Any recommendations for a safe transaction for both parties involved?

Oh ya, here's some pics of her.

77Passengerside2.jpg

77Rear.jpg

77Driversside.jpg

77engine.jpg

77FrontInterior.jpg

77RearInterior.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
WheelHorse

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I'll most likely replace the entire driver's side rocker and fix the rust on the front fenders and do my best to work with paint supply house to neutralize and match/blend it for the mean time. Funds are now very limited, but I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. For what I could stretchingly (new made up word) afford, I felt it was one heck of a good start.

Now to only figure out how to get her home safely.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome Back!!!! great to have ya. That is one FINE looking Rig

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Congrats!:cool::cool: I too went for a long time (18 years) without an EB. Welcome back to the addition that there is no cure.;D

That rig looks pretty solid, I would go for it and drive that baby home. Make sure the fluids, belts hoses and tires are up to date and in good condition and hit the road. If you plan your trip out thourghly and post the details to the forum. A good sized support group will come together to help you along the way.:cool:

So go for it!;D

SP66

Bronco Guru
awesome find---enjoy your Bronco--I know a guy who delivers and based in CO

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd drive it, U and your wife could make a short vacation out of it, plus it has cruise control either someone added or the dealer. Good looking Bronco

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That 77 is awesome. I say drive it home, it will be an adventure you will never forget.;D

OP
OP
WheelHorse

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Congrats!:cool::cool: I too went for a long time (18 years) without an EB. Welcome back to the addition that there is no cure.;D

That rig looks pretty solid, I would go for it and drive that baby home. Make sure the fluids, belts hoses and tires are up to date and in good condition and hit the road. If you plan your trip out thourghly and post the details to the forum. A good sized support group will come together to help you along the way.:cool:

So go for it!;D

I saw you're in Lincoln, you'd be one of our stops.

We would travel 80 back from CO to Joliet, IL

Captain Ken

Loc.
Out to Sea
Congratulations!!

I heard about this cat called Johnny Bronco who takes delivery of untested Broncos and drives them across country for the cost of airfare ;D

Nice looking rig

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Nice looking steed....I would hitch her up with your wife and some gear and make a broncation out of it. FROM THE PHOTOS I WOULD SAY CHANGE THE FLUIDS...AND HIT THE TRAILS HOMEWARD....BEST WISHES

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
That thing is TOTALLY MINT !

Nice score for sure.

I have been looking for a rig like that but my wallet's timing is always off.

If you want to save on shipping, just drop it off at my place until summer when the roads are nicer so you can drive it home.

%)

Unknown

Contributor
Very nice! I know you can't wait to get her home, I owned mine 6 months before I got her home. Is it a DD now? If so, I'd have it taken to the nearest shop and the essentials checked or replaced and plan a spring road trip. I so wanted to drive mine up from MS but she had been sitting for too long.