• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how rare are the pony seat interior?

66' bronco

Loc.
Manistique, MI
Hi i was wondering how rare the pony seat interior was in a 66 bronco. I have the seats with the insert of the horses on the seat backs. Just wondering how rare these were in a bronco as I haven't seen these in any other bronco, or replacement covers. Thanks Trent

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Hi i was wondering how rare the pony seat interior was in a 66 bronco. I have the seats with the insert of the horses on the seat backs. Just wondering how rare these were in a bronco as I haven't seen these in any other bronco, or replacement covers. Thanks Trent

There is a few out there, but they are pretty rare. I think there is another guy in MI with a very nice red 66 with the pony interior.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
There are a few other threads on here with pix....I'm to lazy to search right now for the threads;)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
try the mustang venders as they are just swapped in mustang seats/covers. Some people have said they could be ordered with them but it was probably more of a dealer offered option thing as I've never seen any factory offering for it.

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This red one was at Broncorama 08 & I think it was the original owner that brought it. Wish I'd taken a better shot of the whole interior.

Attachments

• 100_2936.jpg
    100_2936.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_2964.jpg
    100_2964.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_5365.jpg
    100_5365.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_2850.jpg
    100_2850.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 387

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
They are pretty rare. I had a rear seat and sold it to eaglenest66. I figured as rare as it is, I'd probably never have one to put it in.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
In looking at thousands of Broncos in person at various shows & events over the last 20 years, I have only seen 2 or 3 up close.

KB6677 has the pony interior in his 67 Halfbab.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I owned a '66 Mustang that had the optional "pony" interior. Every "pony interior" EB I've seen has the identical insert..which makes sense since there is precious little difference between 65/66 Mustang seats and EB seats.

But has anyone definitively proved that they could be ordered and delivered that way?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
But has anyone definitively proved that they could be ordered and delivered that way?

^^^ This

I was always told the pony interior on a Bronco was at best a dealer installed change but more likely a swap by a PO.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, I'd be curious too. Sounds like a dealer add-on rather than a factory option. I've never seen it in any kind of Ford literature. I would think it would show up on a Marti report if it was a factory option.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had my U14 at a couple of larger events in '06 for the 40th deal and a very well respected/known Bronco guru spoke with we about my "pony seats". He asked and I just said I some friends who really liked mustangs. He mentioned that he had never seen them from the factory since his involvement in the 60's to current. I never really gave it much thought-comes up here from time to time and I think most agree-dealer installed or changed during resto- as has been posted. I have a couple pics on the home comp. lunch right now and no pics.

OP
OP

66' bronco

Loc.
Manistique, MI
Ya I'll have to get some pics posted up. I know they are the original seats because i bought the bronco from the original owners son. The front drivers seat is in rough shape but the other two are pretty decent shape still. Would like to get it fixed up but probably wouldn't match the others then. and if they were just swapped in mustang seats, how come the back seat has it too? Are those seat backs the same as mustangs?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Ya I'll have to get some pics posted up. I know they are the original seats because i bought the bronco from the original owners son. The front drivers seat is in rough shape but the other two are pretty decent shape still. Would like to get it fixed up but probably wouldn't match the others then. and if they were just swapped in mustang seats, how come the back seat has it too? Are those seat backs the same as mustangs?

No, the Mustang rear seat isn't the same. I'm convinced it was a factory option, as the one BajaFresh75 had came with a white dash and door panels rather than the silver and it may have even had a white floor mat.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No, the Mustang rear seat isn't the same..

That is true...but I'm betting the embossed prancing horses insert section is sufficient to easily fit the rear EB seatback. Anybody got a picture of the rear seat to post?

But that still leaves us to ponder when and how they ended up installed. AFAIK there are no undiscovered factory option lists....and we know there were a lot of creative dealers that came up with quite a variety of options to sell on these otherwise fairly spartan and sparse trucks we like so much. A/C..floor mats...roof racks...

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
That is true...but I'm betting the embossed prancing horses insert section is sufficient to easily fit the rear EB seatback. Anybody got a picture of the rear seat to post?

But that still leaves us to ponder when and how they ended up installed. AFAIK there are no undiscovered factory option lists....and we know there were a lot of creative dealers that came up with quite a variety of options to sell on these otherwise fairly spartan and sparse trucks we like so much. A/C..floor mats...roof racks...

I have some on my laptop at home. I can post them tonight. As far as I could tell, the Pony covers were the only ones ever on it.