• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Interior Upgrades - Under Seat Storage and Custom Interior Quarter Panels

mtxride

Loc.
San Antonio
I've been busy working away on my Bronco's interior and thought I'd share some progress...
It all started from me wanting to quiet down the interior and update my tunes.

First, I installed the racket jacket wheel well insulation kit from Wildhorses.

8676297799_1497132a49_b.jpg

Then I built some interior quarter panels out of 1/4 inch MDF to cover the insulation and house a pair of Polk 6.5" speakers.

8677406150_f0cf24b807_b.jpg

8676307309_f9f754a403_b.jpg

For the front Alpine 5 1/4's, I installed some door speaker pods from Bronco Hut.

8676310255_f52f7f6efe_b.jpg

After the stereo system was complete, I decided to keep going and build some under seat storage for spare parts and a few tools.

I bought these bins from Home Depot and stuffed them with spare parts and tools.

8676303113_22b10e1f1c_b.jpg

Then I attached some c-channel to the bottom of the rear seat to act as rails for the bins.

8676301789_662b8166e4_b.jpg

The bins are held in place by bungee cord. This gives me an easy and simple way to access the bins from the front or rear of the vehicle.

8676304047_182dca7ddb_b.jpg

8677411468_9dbc9d39d1_b.jpg

8677415010_07fd8c562c_b.jpg

I was going for a simple, cheap and effective way to keep everything from rolling around in the back. So far I'm satisfied! :cool:

OP
OP
mtxride

mtxride

Loc.
San Antonio
Thanks everyone!

Yeah, going from bare metal, the insulation makes a HUGE difference, I was pretty impressed.
Ha, nice catch on the bottle jack! I currently have stock suspension with 31's but I just ordered a 2.5 inch suspension kit and will soon be going to 33's. A high lift mount will be going on the never ending todo list.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Looks good. I think you acomplished your goal for sure. Quick, simple, useful, cheap and big improvement.

OP
OP
mtxride

mtxride

Loc.
San Antonio
Very nice. Did you fab up your own tilt seat? If so, details please

The tilt seat was done by the PO (my dad). Here's a close-up shot of the brackets that the front of the seat hinges on. From what I can tell, my dad fabbed the brackets out of angle steel and bolted them down to the body. Then a hole was drilled in the seat frame where the seat attaches to the bracket.

8677277141_df5716fcdd_o.jpg

The rear seat bolts were replaced with studs that have a hole drilled through them. When the seat is in the lowered position, a quick release pin goes through the hole in the stud and holds the seat down in place. I can also get a close-up shot of that, if you'd like.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Very nice. I may incorporate this into mine. I just reinstalled the factory bench and with a stand-up fuel cell in the back there is a wedge shaped gap between the seat that I can reach into but it's near immpossible to wedge storage down there. This would help with that and allow for secured storage under and behind the seat. Great idea!

OP
OP
mtxride

mtxride

Loc.
San Antonio
The tilt seat definitely makes it easier to get things in to and out of that wedge shaped gap. Plus it's nice when I'm taking the dog with me, I can just flip the seat up and she has plenty of room in the back.

I also think it would be cool to somehow make the seat-back hinge forward. I was thinking about cutting the arm rests off, then putting some kind of hinge in the tubing that runs from the seat to the seat-back. That would make it fold up even smaller like the fold and tumble seats the vendors sell.

Borinqua Bronco

MTX, killer thread and thanks for sharing. What did you cover the panels with? Did you rhino line them? Please please please post more pics of the panels. Lh, rh, front and rear.

Last edited: