• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Swapped cuzz my '69 for his '77 Survivor!!

Miker

Bronco Guru
Just tickled to death cuzz was willing to swap out my '69 (was his to begin with) for this sweet totally stock EVERYHTING working survivor '77. About two years ago, my family was down in Florida with his family celebrating Easter and I made the run with him to North Carolina to pick it up.
Only rust whatsoever is that slight "Arizona" surface rust on the top quarters.

Should I leave it stock?

Should I restore it??

Attachments

• Passenger forward pic.jpg
    Passenger forward pic.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Passenger rearward pic.jpg
    Passenger rearward pic.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 292
  • interior dash.jpg
    interior dash.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 295
  • Interior front seats.jpg
    Interior front seats.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 281
  • Photo from the street.jpg
    Photo from the street.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 309

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Why would you destroy something as clean as this....You can ad nitros...so it would not be seen at the drag strips where you can take the.....brick throwing class....lol

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
I'd spend a whole weekend or pay someone $500-$1000 for a serious detail, including undercarriage, engine, interior and paint restoration. Then drive the shit outta it as is.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Dude just drive it...

I am converting my 68 back to uncut status, fixing the rust and hoping to just drive it... Planning an Explorer 5.0 and 4R70W swap cause the 289 and 3 spd are tired

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
No restore. Small lift if that's your style and enjoy that classic. Patina only happens once!

Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
A few more pics, seems like everyone so far likes it as an original......

Attachments

• original rear seat.jpg
    original rear seat.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Side interior.jpg
    Side interior.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 180

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
Dude! Drive it 'til the wheels fall off! All the time spent restoring you could just be driving around, no bloody knuckles, all your money still in the bank!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Drive it like it sits. Some can only dream of finding one that nice, me included. It makes things much easier when they are enjoyable right off the bat.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
Drive it like it sits. Some can only dream of finding one that nice, me included. It makes things much easier when they are enjoyable right off the bat.

When my cuzz (Ron on here) saw it on Craigslist, he was a madman to wire the deposit and then haul ass to go and get it. A few folks were trying to get it at the same time. The guy that sold it to him was "money talks" kinda' dude.....

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
I allways laugh when I see these threads. It's like buying a restored mustang and then saying that I'm going to restore it. That thing is sharp. I would sit in my lawn chair and stare at it for about a week before I did anything. Nice find.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Nothing to restore. Stabilize the rust. Maybe a 2" lift and some bigger tires. A cage and shoulder belts for sure. Check out my garage, Elmer is not far from yours and we found him here in Minnesota. Elmer is scheduled for L-78x15 sized metric tires this week. (see tire conversion-size tire charts. I will have to add some lift blocks in the rear to level him out but will stick with the 40+ year old springs. I may go with coil assist shocks as well. He is original as it gets for a 1970 Bronco in this area. Safety upgrades on a survivor should never be questioned. If you want to get into a wienerwaggin contest over "upgrades" all bets are off. It is your truck and yours to to with as you please. It is just sad to see a classic in the shape that it is to be chopped up when ther are rust buckets beggin for some TLC.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
IMHO, I'm all for a small lift and skinny 33s!! Leave everything else alone!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It looks like everyone is in agreement, and I fully agree! An original Bronco that nice doesn't make since to restore. They are that way (a virgin) only once! Anyone with enough money can have a 'restored' Bronco, but an original one....Hey that's a different story! Like someone else said: " plenty of others need love!"

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow, really clean original. Send it back to Florida - To my garage, I'll take care of it.....

Keep it looking original as possible. Already has power steering and brakes so nothing really major needs to be done.

If you are like me, no matter what, you need to put your personal touch to it to make it yours.... Maybe a 2 1/2" lift with 31s and it will be done.

Sweet Bronco!