• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buster's Buildin' a Bronco...

BRONC-OH

Loc.
Wintergreen, Va.
Ok. I've finally decided to fix/build my Bronco the way I've always wanted to. I have no set budget and no set time schedule. I have said before "I dont care if it takes me ten years to fix this thing." Well I hope it wont take ten years but I'm expecting two or three. After owning this truck for ten years I am finally doing it and I'm super excited :D.

The plan as of today (subject to change)
1. Repair/replace rotten panels
2. Replace original front and rear fenders (planning on LUBR :cool:)
3. 3.5" S.Lift 1" Body / 33's
4. NV3550
5. Refurbish frame
6. Rebuild engine or replace (depending on cost)
more to come as i progress I''m sure

Here is what I was able to do today. It's parked at work where i can have access to a welder and other tools/equipment. It's good and bad, I'm always getting pulled off to go do real work :mad:.

Before

After

Wish me luck

Last edited:

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a good start to a nice project.
Always assume if you tackle one project item you will add ten more things to the list.

Always stay positive and focused and it will get done.(geez, i should take my own advice huh ;D)

CB is a great motivator. Take lots of pics for us.

Good luck.

Dlish

keep taking pictures! Sounds like a good project.

And im jealous you work on a ski mountain. I wish I never left, working in a cubicle now is the worst.

OP
OP
BRONC-OH

BRONC-OH

Loc.
Wintergreen, Va.
Got a few things done today. Removed the fenders (found more rust)! It seems like the more i uncover the worse it gets. Gunna keep digging though. I hope to be stripped down to tub and frame by the end of this week.

Some pics...

I have a lot to cut out and replace. Geez

OP
OP
BRONC-OH

BRONC-OH

Loc.
Wintergreen, Va.
And im jealous you work on a ski mountain. I wish I never left, working in a cubicle now is the worst.

I've been working at Wintergreen for about 6 years now. I love it. Its different than any other job I've had (in a good way). Its a little quiet in the summer but thats good after a crazy busy winter.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Buster- good luck with the project! Looks like you've got your work cutout for you. Make sure to take your time with the disassembly, take lots of photos and label and bag everything. Will make everything much easier going back together.

You might want to give some serious consideration to a fiberglass tub, given the current condition or yours and your location! I'm afraid that what you can see is likely only the tip of the iceberg. If you really like panel replacement and welding and uncovering hidden rust, then disregard my previous statement :)

Either way, good luck and be sure to keep us posted with the progress.

BTW, Love the custom license plate!!!