• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bucket seat question

JBL

Contributor
I am in the middle of repairing an old pair of bucket seats out of a bronco. Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of rubber bumper on the seat frame where it hits the floorboards?
Any help is appreciated.

slim811

Contributor
Check eBay hood adjuster bolts and stoppers.

I am in the middle of repairing an old pair of bucket seats out of a bronco. Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of rubber bumper on the seat frame where it hits the floorboards?
Any help is appreciated.
Not that I am much help but I always thought the same. Seems like a hood adjustment bolt with a rubber stopper might serve the purpose. I have a passenger seat with part of the frame broken off, near the footman's loop (I know Pix would help) anyway rest of the seat and leather is intact. So I was thinking of using one of these a little below the break. But if your seat frame is still intact, you can bolt them right on. I would think this might help to absorb the shock of the seat frame coming down and striking the body directly. Good luck.

Attachments

• Hood aduster bolts and stopper eBay.jpg
    Hood aduster bolts and stopper eBay.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
I would imagine the seats shoul dbe secured to the floor and not allowed to be swayed by rubber pieces. Those seat rails should securely bolted down. Metal on Metal (or that fancy carpet stuff...)

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I would imagine the seats shoul dbe secured to the floor and not allowed to be swayed by rubber pieces. Those seat rails should securely bolted down. Metal on Metal (or that fancy carpet stuff...)

The passengers seat is a fold forward design and only attaches with a latch and footman loop at the rear.

OP
OP
J

JBL

Contributor
Thanks for all the help folks, should get the passenger seat done today and back in.

OP
OP
J

JBL

Contributor
Bought a set from a reputable dealer, turned out they did not fit properly. Ended up going to a local upholstery shop, they did seats in vinyl for boats, since I run without a top. Seats, including rear, came out very good.