• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Waterproof bucket seat covers for original seats?

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I've searched around in here and Wet Okie keeps popping up but my seats are original buckets and want something that the summer rain won't soak up in the seat foam. Anyone have suggestions? Old picture but same seats.

mrdrnac

Contributor
I had my 70 Torino GT Buckets reupholstered using neoprene material and nylon thread, probably not 100% water proof at the seams but I really like them. I'm in AZ and they don't get hot in the open Bronco even in the direct sunlight of Summer. Clean up easy also and they are holding up well so far.

Attachments

• 052.JPG
    052.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230524_190126 (1).jpg
    20230524_190126 (1).jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: kat

blade

Contributor
Maker of sharp things
Loc.
Santa Fe
You could probably modify an available seat cover by reshaping the top. 90s Explorer seat covers fit, they are just too tall on the seat back.

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
I know you mentioned Wet Okole. I have them on my Bronco and love them. I have 1988 Nissan Pulsar NX seats in mine and they made them fit perfect. I checked their website and it looks like they make them for OEM 66-77 Bronco seats if I am not mistaken. Don't let the generic seat diagram on their seat builder site fool you, its just a generic bucket seat diagram but comes fitted perfectly. You could always give them a call/email to make sure. I like how you can add map pockets and such to them.
FWIW, I never have a top or door on and have been caught in the rain many times and they work great.

Reactions: kat
OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I know you mentioned Wet Okole. I have them on my Bronco and love them. I have 1988 Nissan Pulsar NX seats in mine and they made them fit perfect. I checked their website and it looks like they make them for OEM 66-77 Bronco seats if I am not mistaken. Don't let the generic seat diagram on their seat builder site fool you, its just a generic bucket seat diagram but comes fitted perfectly. You could always give them a call/email to make sure. I like how you can add map pockets and such to them.
FWIW, I never have a top or door on and have been caught in the rain many times and they work great.
I'll look at there site a little closer or give them a call. I have heard nothing but good thinks about Wet Okole and what you are doing is what I want to do. Not worry about covering the seats up with a tarp, which is what I have been doing. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
kat

kat

Loc.
Bristol
I gave WO a call and told them I couldn't find my style of seat. Was told to type in "1329" on the search bar on website and BAMMMM. There they are. Will be ordering these. Love the look and can get a Bronco script on the seat for a little extra.