• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

EB Bronco Buggy

OliverDriveLine

Loc.
Winston-Salem
This is a project we started late last week on a good friend of mines EB. Some of you know him, Slim (Bronco Slim).

Here's what we started with:

73 EB, Stock 5.0, C4, and a Dana 20 T-case. Dana 44 and 9", locked, chromo's and etc. on 37" Irok's and H1's
Basic 5" lift with a 3" body lift.

Our plan is to strip it down to the frame. Using only the fenders, quarter's, dash, grill and hood (narrowed 12-14") and the stock frame, (modified). Basically a buggy with EB skins.
Using this one and many others as motivation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P8VCoiTjnc

We'll be going to tons, using a HP D60 and a 14B rear.
Axles are already geared 4.88, lockers and chromo's.
Plan to use Artec Truss' front and rear. Al. upper links and Heat treated Chromo lowers, with Johnny joints.
Going to use a 92 EFI Mustang 5.0, mildly built. Having the stock C4 gone through now, beefing it up some, also going to a manual valve body.
Going with an Atlas II T-case, 3.8 ratio with 1410 yokes.
Using ORI STX struts on all 4 corners, 14" travel.
43" SS SX's on Raceline Monsters.
Going for a 112" wheel base.

Here's where we're at now.

Point of no return has come and gone! :lol:

Dw

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh snap.. That's gonna be kick azz.. Loook forward to seeing the progress, good luck

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Subscribed. Building something similar, but different!, LOL!

D60s all 35 spline 5.38s ARB and spool, Artec trusses, 2.25"x .375DOM lowers with JJs. 351w, C6 and doubler. Doved front and rear on 44x18.5 TSLs on steel beadlocks.

Yours will be done quicker and will look cooler... And will be a wicked rig! Can't wait to see progress!

Letsgocrawling

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson Az.
I'm jealous, with the narrowing that 112 wb will be awesome. Mines 105 and wished it was 107---I could'nt figure it out with running stock body width, should have calculated the bumper, not the ends of the body and or frame---been so long ca'nt remember. Setup with the right squat #s this thing should climb great

broncoslim

Loc.
High Point, NC
Thanks Dave for posting this and for being willing to take on this build. It's been a great wheelin truck but reached a point of needing to replace the dying drivetrain and make it more stable. Of course a true cage will make it safer as well. Thanks for all the well wishes. It's going to be a lot of work but the vision for the end result should be worth it.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Mine was a ton of work but very satisfied with the results, have a great time and good luck on your build. I will subscribe and watch the outcome. - Mike

Dlish

excited to see the progress on this one! Keep the pics coming.

Whats happening to the take-offs? Are the H1s the 16.5's just re-centered to a 5.5 bolt pattern? could be interested if youre selling them

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Whoa!! I didn't think he was going to go that far with it. Looks like its going to be a whole new animal now! I'm sure it will be very nice. Keep posting the progess. You've gotten a lot done already

OP
OP
OliverDriveLine

OliverDriveLine

Loc.
Winston-Salem
The guys got all the body mounts and tabs off today.

We are going to be in a bit of a holding pattern until some parts start showing up at this point.

Dw