• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco buggy custom frame

treihesse

Bronco Guru
Anyone have dimension of a custom frame they built to accommodate the bronco body and widen the frame. What I'm thinking is 2x4 or 2x3 boxed frame with 2" dom braces. Want to build more of a chassis like a ultra 4 .

Trei

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
That’s how mine is done. Have very few dimensions readily available but I did make the front 32” on center with 4x2x.120 tube and the rear is 40” on center (so I could use a Heep tj fuel tank) due to suport from the cage I dropped to 3x2x.120 under the seats. Ask all the questions you’d like I’ll answer them the best I can. With some creative positioning you can gain up travel and keep the height low. Mine is stock height with 5” of up travel and 37’s.

This may help
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242196

Last edited:

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Krawlers Edge does this. They have two chassis out that are wider I think. His original was tube and kept the same outside dimensions, but allowed for a wider inside dimension.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Most of the aftermarket EB frames I've seen or heard about are wider, but considering we've only got about 24" between factory frame rails, that's not saying much. The Art Morrison chassis for the ICON Bronco's and the BSI Performance EB chassis are definitely wider, but I don't know by how much. Anything would provide more room for drivetrain options, exhaust, 3/4-link suspensions, etc., and FWIW, my '77 150 frame width is about 32" between rails.