• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 - Outer Front Axle Brake Lines

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
I ordered a set of outer brake lines from Bronco Graveyard and when fitting them, they seem to be way off. My Bronco is 100% stock.

- Did I order the wrong part?
- Is this one of those instances where an early 66 (Nov. 65 build) just did things slightly different?
- Am I trying to put them on backwards? ;D

Thanks!
-Anthony

Outer_Front_Axle_Brake_Lines__Pair_Stainless_Steel_18FDE11B.png

Aperture_18FDE027.png

KOBALTBLUE

Loc.
Daphne,Al
Maybe your Bronco shriveled up over the years ;D

Looks like someone got a little carried away with the length of the lines.

Pat B

That's about par for pre-bent brakes lines......When I did my '66, they were the same. Just keep tweaking, you'll get there.

Pat

OP
OP
66Uncut

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
That's about par for pre-bent brakes lines......When I did my '66, they were the same. Just keep tweaking, you'll get there.

Pat

Hmmm, seems odd that a brake line would be off by so much. Fortunately, the old drum to hose lines cleaned up well on the wire wheel so I'll just reuse them.

The other prebent lines I ordered (diff to hose) were a perfect fit. Maybe I got lucky with those!

OP
OP
66Uncut

66Uncut

Contributor
Loc.
So. Cal
I'll try again and post a photo, but from what I remember, the photo above illustrates the closest fit I was able to achieve.

colby45

I hate to resurrect this old thread, but I am having this exact problem.

I have an early '66 (Built in late '65) and I bought the same lines from Jeff's. They don't fit in the exact same way yours didn't. Did you ever find a resolution to the issue?

1cfR65F.jpg